Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA - Bernard Dr. (LIVE, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe? First hand report would be great!

314576BF-2C41-4FFF-A166-1B4EBB621785.jpeg

Bruce.

A permit is in place for the installation of a new Supercharger at the Bravo Farms in Kettleman City (33341 Bernard Dr). The permit was approved just over a year ago and is set to expire soon unless it is renewed, which will probably be what happens. I'm not exactly clear on the details listed on the permit so I'll say that the number of stalls is between 8 and 20. Tesla's projected opening date is in the 4th quarter.

View attachment 666125
Guess who's open as of today!

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_085502.jpg
    IMG_20211121_085502.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20211121_085458.jpg
    IMG_20211121_085458.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20211121_085453.jpg
    IMG_20211121_085453.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20211121_085450.jpg
    IMG_20211121_085450.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 120
Tesla, may be getting ready open their chargers to other EVs. What a gold mine that will be!
Their internet infrastructure certainly is. Take a look at their "Find Us" page, or this post from a couple days ago.

Their internet infrastructure certainly is. Take a look at their "Find Us" page, or this post from a couple days ago.

See Tesla's post from November 1st when they opened up Supercharging to non-Teslas at 10 locations in Europe:

Reactions: EVCarGUy
Hey all, we are about to take our first road trip this Wednesday (11/24) before Thanksgiving from the Sacramento area to Anaheim. Has the supercharger network along I-5 vastly improved since the 2019 Thanksgiving weekend? Those old articles reporting the several hour wait times gave me nothing but anxiety for this weeks trip but I find posts like this one about new sites opening and it does give me some relief. Thanks all and Happy Holidays.

Hey all, we are about to take our first road trip this Wednesday (11/24) before Thanksgiving from the Sacramento area to Anaheim. Has the supercharger network along I-5 vastly improved since the 2019 Thanksgiving weekend? Those old articles reporting the several hour wait times gave me nothing but anxiety for this weeks trip but I find posts like this one about new sites opening and it does give me some relief. Thanks all and Happy Holidays.

Its much better (Firebaugh, Copus Road, and this site).

Tesla also has sold way more cars.

They're also anticipating crush load by offering free charging before 10am and after 7pm.

Free Charging in California only? Is California REALLY the only state where people drive LOTS on T-Day weekend? I would love to take advantage but I am already in Seattle (that CHAdeMO adapter REALLY helped, all the old Electric Highway chargers are free right now).

I think I'll wait to check out this charger until after they pave it, but clever them opening it for this week. Gonna be a godsend for all of us traveling.

Last edited:
Free Charging in California only? Is California REALLY the only state where people drive LOTS on T-Day weekend? I would love to take advantage but I am already in Seattle (that CHAdeMO adapter REALLY helped, all the old Electric Highway chargers are free right now).
The point isn't to give people free driving on holidays. The point of the free charging during off hours is to shift some driving to help reduce/prevent queues at the Superchargers. There tend to not be Supercharger queues anywhere but in California.