Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kilmore, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From FB - another surprise one!

6 SCs at Kilmore Village (Kilmore being north of Melbourne)

1703060058576.png

Not too bad of a location, close to Coles and Woolworths (and the Golden Arches), this is town you drive through on the popular route to Echuca and the Murray, which is a popular holiday spot for Melb. While not that convinient, also makes a decent backup spot for trips down the Hume closer to Melbourne. Still think Seymour needs one too, but for the moment, this serves both purposes well.

Is on the run from northern suburbs of Melbourne to Bendigo or Echuca. Pretty good location. More the merrier. Starting to get like fuel stations slowly but surely. Just need 1 or 2 on the run up to Mildura from Bendigo.
Echuca but definitely not Bendigo. You would be on the Calder for that.

It’s a good spot for me as it’s on the way to the Hume for me. Probably a good stop on my way back from up north on the Hume.

Quick Google Maps says it only ads 3km versus staying on the Hume for Albury - Melbourne, but about 14 minutes (slower speed limits on the roads).

Possibly still worth it versus the slower V2 Euroa chargers (adds 4 minutes) are busy.. probably more for southbound as not many commencing in Melbourne would need an early charge.

Similar to the proposed Benalla site which will be 2km / 8 min detour.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Echuca but definitely not Bendigo. You would be on the Calder for that.

If you live from about South Morang/Epping or further north you are most definitely going the Northern Highway to Bendigo, and from further south if at any time there is traffic on the ring road/Calder. Up to Wallan, through Kilmore and onwards to Bendigo.

Used to drive it nearly every day for work for a couple of years. Long as drive but was well worth the money at the time.

Reactions: Loxmyf
Possibly still worth it versus the slower V2 Euroa chargers (adds 4 minutes) are busy.. probably more for southbound as not many commencing in Melbourne would need an early charge.
It's important to remember that not all drivers commencing in Melbourne live there.

Rural drivers who have visited Melbourne may not have had charging available at their hotel, and may be looking forward to a decent charge not far out of town on the way home. There hasn't been much northbound - this will be welcomed.

And yes, the Euroa charger may need an upgrade. I've only been there once and it was full.

If you live from about South Morang/Epping or further north you are most definitely going the Northern Highway to Bendigo, and from further south if at any time there is traffic on the ring road/Calder. Up to Wallan, through Kilmore and onwards to Bendigo.
Fair enough. I guess for 90% of Melbournians they would be going Calder, though up through Kilmore would definitely be a nicer drive!