Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lacey, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla is starting to ramp up superchargers again. After a central Oregon permit showed up a couple weeks ago, we have a Lacy, Washington permit! (By Blackstone, a regular contractor for superchargers lately)

This is a little odd to see since it’s very close to the Tumwater location, but this will improve redundancy and obviously help with crowding in a highly populated area.

The OneCall... Search and Status

Looks to be in a parking lot of a target... Applebee’s and Starbucks and donut place on the same side of the road within a couple hundred feet. Fred Meyer across the road and a McDonalds, Wendy’s, and Arby’s across across the road also...

View attachment 550557 View attachment 550558

Good to see some supercharger activity in the Pacific Northwest again... but still waiting on Boardman, OR and Yakima, WA... arguably more useful locations to fill in for winter travel or towing...

I did a search from the One Call application on Google Maps. Long and Lat coordinates. 47.0426223, -122.8342446 Looks like the pin point will be right off Slater Kinney in the South Sound Parking Lot.

Construction may be starting tomorrow. Saw this on One Call

C127BB78-C97C-4BA9-9AAC-B8D9A2E9302F.jpeg

I visited the location today. It is in the South Sound parking lot way out from the Target all the way to Slater-Kinney Road, between the Bank and the Rite Aide. All that has been done is some spray painting on the asphalt. The location appears to be right next to the Rite Aid Store and a long ways from the Target. We may get ice'd by Rite Aid customers. It will be easy to get the superchargers coming off southbound on Slater-Kinney, and there will be high visibility to the Slater-Kinney traffic. I hope this Rite Aid will be as gracious as the one in Aberdeen in allowing us to use their restroom.

I visited the location today. It is in the South Sound parking lot way out from the Target all the way to Slater-Kinney Road, between the Bank and the Rite Aide. All that has been done is some spray painting on the asphalt. The location appears to be right next to the Rite Aid Store and a long ways from the Target. We may get ice'd by Rite Aid customers. It will be easy to get the superchargers coming off southbound on Slater-Kinney, and there will be high visibility to the Slater-Kinney traffic. I hope this Rite Aid will be as gracious as the one in Aberdeen in allowing us to use their restroom.

That part of the parking lot is hardly occupied, I don't think Rite-Aid will be an issue with ICE. I can see the area from my office, waiting on a construction schedule from Blackstone.

Will these likely be paid chargers? Or is this a Tesla "universal" version of a destination charger?
At supercharger locations hosted by Target stores, Tesla installs ChargePoint J1772 stations and they are paid charging usually with the first 2 hours free (sometimes this free period is only valid during regular store hours). It's part of their hosting agreement with Target.

At supercharger locations hosted by Target stores, Tesla installs ChargePoint J1772 stations and they are paid charging usually with the first 2 hours free (sometimes this free period is only valid during regular store hours). It's part of their hosting agreement with Target.
In the Northwest sub-forum this arrangement is known as ACarney Heaven.

I went by this afternoon and a back hoe was there and they dug out a big ditch. Also, on the pavement, in spary paint was a couple of squares and the word "transformer" So that will be on the inside of the planter. The location is not where I had originally thought, right at the drug store entrance. It will be one row further away. On the Target property it's right at the Sleater Kinney Road, just North of the parking lot entrance off Sleater Kinney and the parking lot one way exit to the South Only access to Sleater Kinney. Geocortex Viewer for HTML5