Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Cruces, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ Yes! The El Paso and Demming Supercharger Stations have made one in Las Cruces moot, and it isn't even on Tesla's "coming soon" list at present.

The one I'd like to see in that area is Socorro NM on I-25. I can't make Albuquerque to Truth or Consequences without considerable hypermiling or L2 charging enroute.

Yes, I agree that with Deming and El Paso superchargers in place, Las Cruces would be nice but is not really necessary.

I also agree that Socorro, NM is necessary. It has been "coming soon" for a number of years. I have driven between Albuquerque and T or C a number of times without a problem in my S75D, but the last time I arrived with only 8% due to a headwind. A stop at Socorro would have helped.

A Socorro supercharger might also allow some to skip Albuquerque. And while I am on the subject, I also think that a city the size of Albuquerque deserves at least one more supercharger location. The present one is reasonably well located to serve both the I25 and I40, but it has only six stalls and is located in the small parking lot of an Applebees restaurant.

As I mentioned over in the Supercharger - Santa Fe, NM thread, Tesla recently informed me they are making significant progress on the Las Cruces supercharger site.

I asked for clarification on what "significant progress" meant, and their reply was:

"Significant progress means that we have scouted for locations, approached a variety of property owners, and are either in negotiation or are working on construction drawings for the site. In fact, in Santa Fe, we are now awaiting permits for construction.
Again, the maps on our website are not a guarantee. While we are aiming to open as many sites as possible in 2016, it’s possible some sites in New Mexico will not open until 2017."

This to me is confirmation that there's going to be one in Las Cruces. So, here's a thread to track the ongoing development of the new Las Cruces Supercharger, which will finally open up Southern New Mexico to Tesla exploration. Can't WAIT!

I just returned from New Mexico and was surprised Las Cruces, 2nd largest city doesn't have a Tesla Supercharger. Good thing I was staying in TorC, (Truth or Consequences), a small town on I-25 about 45 minutes north of Las Cruces. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which has a Tesla Supercharger with 8 125Kw units. If you have to stay in TorC, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express, a clean, good value and safe place to stay right off the I-25.

I just returned from New Mexico and was surprised Las Cruces, 2nd largest city doesn't have a Tesla Supercharger. Good thing I was staying in TorC, (Truth or Consequences), a small town on I-25 about 45 minutes north of Las Cruces. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which has a Tesla Supercharger with 8 125Kw units. If you have to stay in TorC, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express, a clean, good value and safe place to stay right off the I-25.

Yeah, Tesla seems to have wimped out on a supercharger in Las Cruces despite early plans for one. The rule in NM for Tesla seems to be, the closer you get to the Permian Basin (where all the oil and gas fracking activity is going on) the less likely there will be any way for an EV to charge there.

w
E5AF5103-0941-4D63-B856-0791564472D4.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Marco found a Supercharger filing in Las Cruces, NM address: 2701 Amador Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88005. Business looks to be a truck dealer and coffee shop called Border International. The permit originally didn't say Superchargers but now it does.

@corywright @Big Earl @Chuq

Marco found a Supercharger filing in Las Cruces, NM address: 2701 Amador Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88005. Business looks to be a truck dealer and coffee shop called Border International. The permit originally didn't say Superchargers but now it does.

@corywright @Big Earl @Chuq
Same address as accidentally published by Tesla a few weeks ago (Complete list of "coming soon" Tesla Supercharger addresses in the United States), but it does seem like an odd location…

Las Cruces, NM

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Border Brew
Along Primary Interstates: I-10, I-25
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-70
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: El Paso, TX (v2) - 34 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Van Horn, TX (v2) - 164.3 miles

I-25

To: Truth or Consequences, NM (v2) - 78.8 miles
Diversion: 5.7 miles
To: Socorro, NM - 150.8 miles

US-70

To: Ardmore, OK (v2) - 674.8 miles
Diversion: 2.7 miles
To: Little Rock, AR (v2) - 991.5 miles

Mini-splitter on I-10 as well as a v3 in a v2 stretch. Vaguely on I-25 near the start.

Also a splitter on US-70, and a significant help for getting to Roswell, NM

Interesting site. At a truck dealer, with a cafe. Cafe hours don't seem great.

Still seems like an odd location, being basically a coffee shop inside a commercial truck dealer. According to Google, they close at 5pm (and aren’t open at all on Sunday).

There’s a Pilot across the street - can’t help but wonder if they’re the actual host somehow…

Las Cruces has long needed a SC. I don't really like stopping @ the El Paso SC as I like to detour around the city to the north on NM 404. I can make it in a pinch from Deming to Van Horne on a full charge, but that's not ideal. This will make that stretch much easier, especially coming west against a headwind.

Reactions: IdaX and PLUS EV