Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lawrence, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fencing has come down but power is not on. We're close!
IMG_1642.jpeg

Reactions: chjch and kayak1
Probably off to the next job :) . Not sure of those stall marks are properly aligned with the superchargers, or sealcoat and re-striping needed. Would be great if they could reuse those EV-only markings.

Presumably there is no transformer on the pad yet - that will likely be the next milestone.
I think you might be right about the re-striping needed. I’ll swing by there at some point this week and check it out. I think the lines were from the previous charger spots and they don’t appear to line up correctly but I didn’t get a great look at them when I was there.

I also wonder if this crew is done here, could they be moving to the Salem, NH location perhaps? I have no idea how construction works so moving to another state might be a stretch but that appears to be the closest location to here that hasn’t begun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
I think you might be right about the re-striping needed. I’ll swing by there at some point this week and check it out. I think the lines were from the previous charger spots and they don’t appear to line up correctly but I didn’t get a great look at them when I was there.

I also wonder if this crew is done here, could they be moving to the Salem, NH location perhaps? I have no idea how construction works so moving to another state might be a stretch but that appears to be the closest location to here that hasn’t begun.
I'm also thinking Salem is the likely next stop... I know the permit has been pulled. The crew is RI based, so striping work tends to happen at a few sites around the same time when they bring the equipment up. I believe they try to minimize moving equipment long distances where they can (to conserve time & fuel expense). They undoubtedly hotel in the area of the project for the week (returning home weekends) when projects are beyond a certain distance from home.

Reactions: kayak1
Probably off to the next job :) . Not sure of those stall marks are properly aligned with the superchargers, or sealcoat and re-striping needed. Would be great if they could reuse those EV-only markings.

Presumably there is no transformer on the pad yet - that will likely be the next milestone.
Those lines are most definitely from the original chargers that were there (which opened in mid-2019, so they weren't actually that old).

I suspect part of the challenge in getting transformers to sites is pure schedule alignment with site construction start dates being fluid enough that Tesla or the contractor isn't able to put in the order for the transformer with enough lead time to have it delivered shortly after the site is done. I don't have a sense of the transformer inventory challenges being any better or worse than it has been for the past 1-2 years.

I know the recently completed Rockland, ME v4 site was awaiting a transformer on last report. Dover, NH appears nearly done and awaits a transformer. Lowell... well, who knows. I assume it won't get a transformer until the utility figures out how they'll get power to the site and re-engages the contractor to adjust the primary feed as needed. Canton, MA is also waiting on one too. There is also a site in New Haven, CT that hasn't had anyone provide updates in a while - presumably done or near done.

I suspect part of the challenge in getting transformers to sites is pure schedule alignment with site construction start dates being fluid enough that Tesla or the contractor isn't able to put in the order for the transformer with enough lead time to have it delivered shortly after the site is done. I don't have a sense of the transformer inventory challenges being any better or worse than it has been for the past 1-2 years.

I know the recently completed Rockland, ME v4 site was awaiting a transformer on last report. Dover, NH appears nearly done and awaits a transformer. Lowell... well, who knows. I assume it won't get a transformer until the utility figures out how they'll get power to the site and re-engages the contractor to adjust the primary feed as needed. Canton, MA is also waiting on one too. There is also a site in New Haven, CT that hasn't had anyone provide updates in a while - presumably done or near done.
Did Provincetown ever get a transformer or was it just a meter or inspection that was needed?

I heard through the rumor mill the utility was onsight recently - what work was completed is not clear. Either it's done and ready for Tesla to do their thing, or possibly in need of some final electrical work by the contractor to connect the secondaries.

EDIT: the last photo I saw from p-town was 12/28/23 and it showed no meter, but a transformer in the background behind the supercharger cabinets. I it seems likely this site is complete and awaiting Tesla now.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1 and Farmer