Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leavenworth, WA (LIVE Jul 2018, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
520B395A-BFDB-409E-9B98-254991B9D324.jpeg
No parking/charging problem in Leavenworth today, even though all other parking is totally full.

Anyone here have any pull with the Mods who can get them to fix the spelling in the title to this thread? It's bugged me for a while, and my attempts to get it updated haven't gone anywhere.

Beyond that -- It happens that I was going to try a couple of day trips that would have taken me past the new Cle Elum charger and one that had me passing by Leavenworth. The Superchargers were a welcome bonus. I waited too long, though, and now the weather is making me rethink my plans. At regular, or even wet road conditions, I had plenty of time. Add snow to the mix, and the risk of problems at the pass, and things move beyond day trips into overnights that don't fit into my family's holiday calendar. I will be taking advantage of both locations at some point, it just may be a little longer until it happens.

Reactions: Big Earl and BerTX
Anyone here have any pull with the Mods who can get them to fix the spelling in the title to this thread? It's bugged me for a while, and my attempts to get it updated haven't gone anywhere.
Sorry about that. I reported my first post, requesting a spelling change, but apparently we don't have active moderators.

Reactions: BerTX
I thought the issue was the url and title were intertwined, ie https://teslamotorsclub(dot)com/tmc/threads/supercharger-levenworth-wa.117202/page-8#post-3264702

@bmah , do you know if it’s possible to fix thread title to correct spelling of Leavenworth easily?

Well that got my attention...flag me in a thread for a Supercharger I've never heard of before. :) Looks like a nice place. Maybe someday I'll get my car up to the Great State of Washington!

Yes it's totally possible to change/fix thread titles. URLs do have the thread title in them, but the really significant part is a number (117202 in this case) that identifies the thread independent of its title. So someone with moderator privs for this sub-forum can just fix it. (Unfortunately I am not one of those someones and I'm not sure an easy way to find this out.)

@Doug_G can you help? Thanks.

Bruce.

Reactions: Big Earl
Well that got my attention...flag me in a thread for a Supercharger I've never heard of before. :) Looks like a nice place. Maybe someday I'll get my car up to the Great State of Washington!

Yes it's totally possible to change/fix thread titles. URLs do have the thread title in them, but the really significant part is a number (117202 in this case) that identifies the thread independent of its title. So someone with moderator privs for this sub-forum can just fix it. (Unfortunately I am not one of those someones and I'm not sure an easy way to find this out.)

@Doug_G can you help? Thanks.

Bruce.

Bruce how do I create a post? I have only been able to reply to posts. SarahB:oops:

Update on Leavenworth from Wednesday, January 16th, 2019. It is in a great location sharing parking lot with Dan's Food Market. Several ICEing vehicles there. Will upload pictures and include some close ups of license plates for anyone interested in doing anything about it. I also sent all this to the guy in charge of Superchargers for Washington State.
Leavenworth Supercharger.jpg
Gas Vehicles.jpg
Icing.jpg
License:Truck.jpg
License:Jeep.jpg
Dan's Market.jpg

Reactions: MikeBur
Update on Leavenworth from Wednesday, January 16th, 2019. It is in a great location sharing parking lot with Dan's Food Market. Several ICEing vehicles there. Will upload pictures and include some close ups of license plates for anyone interested in doing anything about it. I also sent all this to the guy in charge of Superchargers for Washington State.
Thanks for posting here too. Leavenworth often has one or two cars blocking the chargers though I’ve never seen it be an issue yet even for Ocktoberfest or during the tree lighting. I always frequent Dan’s when there, though rarely charge there as I don’t need to. Dan’s has a surprisingly large range of groceries at reasonable (even relative to Safeway) prices, rather than have to head into Wenatchee.
I’ve met and had a few opportunistic conversations with some of the people who block some stalls as they often are in Dan’s. Every time it’s a lack of education and they’re very understanding and apologetic; these spaces are painted no different and they’re not there for long. Even given a couple of ridealong demos. Good people overall and friendly staff.

It would be better if they'd park in all of the As (or Bs) so that there are still 8 Supercharger cabinets online instead of 4. Regardless, allowing ICE vehicles to park there all day looks bad, in that it gives people the wrong idea that maybe it's okay to park at Superchargers.

Reactions: PLUS EV