Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leominster, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not just you. I've charged here in the summertime (P3D) and I was able to pull 117kW.

Now, even with a warm pack, I'm lucky to get 50kW max.

Not sure if the site was never optimized for cold weather, or if something is broken. I've called it in at least once, but Stall 2A has been out of service since at least September. Not sure how much attention this location gets.

• Informative
Reactions: masam
It's not just you. I've charged here in the summertime (P3D) and I was able to pull 117kW.

Now, even with a warm pack, I'm lucky to get 50kW max.

Not sure if the site was never optimized for cold weather, or if something is broken. I've called it in at least once, but Stall 2A has been out of service since at least September. Not sure how much attention this location gets.
Sorry..2B is the stall that's down.

Someone’s taped up that one. I’m never sure whether to attribute he slowness to the location or the car. But having charged from a low SoC I was leaning towards blaming the location :)

UPDATE:

Used it today, and while I wasn't able to maintain 117kW, I DID hit it for a few minutes.

I pulled in w/15% SoC and got to 80% in 42 minutes. Not the best it's been, but acceptable. It was about 35 degrees outside and my pack was warm.

So, yes, I think the temperatures have been affecting this site (except Stall 2B, that appears to be a separate issue).

I charged at that location 3 times in 2018. Aug, Sep, and Nov.

The first one in Aug, my MX started at 48%. At first it pulled in ~115 kW, then started to taper off to ~80 kW at 60%.

In Sep, started at 27% @ ~115 kW, then started to slow down after reaching 45% to ~ 78 kW.

In Nov, started at 57% @ ~ 50 kW, but slowly increased to 65 kW. Then start to taper around 75%. Never went up above 65 kW.

I've been trying to use this SC and have had not so good results. the best I've got was charging @62kW @39% SOC and then went down to 40kW after about 20 minutes.
The past two days I had one that started at 28kW @ 42% SOC.. Peaked @ 29kW after the battery warmed up..
And Yesterday started @ 46kW @ 53% SOC and then leveled off to about 33kW.
I thought I've seen people getting >60kW at close to 60-70% SOC in their M3

Now The last 2 were stall 1A. I can't remember what stall the first one was. All three times I was the only car there or there was one car plugged into a non sister stall. I have a LR M3 BTW...

So is it the SC or my car that I can't SC fast?

:-(

Jim
Charge4.PNG
Charge42.PNG
Charge44.PNG