Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hadley, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as I am excited about more superchargers rolling out near me, I would prefer they avoided gas stations. Fumes from gas stations are not pleasant nor good for anyone. It's one thing to be exposed to those fumes for less than 5 minutes to fill a tank, it's another to inhale them for over 20 minutes. One of the great benefits of driving electric is the ability to steer clear of these fumee gas stations.
Agreed; The gas world is something I will not miss once MODEL 3 gets to east coasters!

Missing my VOLT, today was driving Prius , parked to unload sand on snow ice covered driveway. I left car "on" like would with volt with hatch open, got back in car and choked on all the FF waste in my lungs, choking on CO :(

I swung by this AM hoping to grab a foto to post, but not much to see. It looks like most of the underground
work is done and things could go quickly once the superchargers arrive. Except, below zero temps predicted for the next
10 days. Pouring the bases might be a bit of a challenge...
This is a terrific location for me as I am frequently in that direction from my home 40 miles east and there is no charging in the Western part of the state from there. A great surprise. Tesla is doing it.

Reactions: CTShore and chjch
Drove by this location on 15Jan2018. It is a strange location. The front is a gas station and a large convenience store. The super chargers are in the back. The owners of the location probably gave Tesla a great deal on the space, so Tesla could not resist. It just seems to be a weird place because Route 9 is not exactly a major thoroughfare compared to the pike, etc.

Drove by this location on 15Jan2018. It is a strange location. The front is a gas station and a large convenience store. The super chargers are in the back. The owners of the location probably gave Tesla a great deal on the space, so Tesla could not resist. It just seems to be a weird place because Route 9 is not exactly a major thoroughfare compared to the pike, etc.
Route 9 is gateway to Berkshires! Haha, seriously though Pike/91 is faster easier much more convenient when in a rush but in a hypothetical roadster on a summer day,Route 9/202/route 2 is a nice ride, heck I liked in a PRIUS!

Reactions: chjch
Had to fill my snow blower with gasoline yesterday. I have one of those "no-spill" cans which amazes me because it leaked all over the snowblower and my hand. I bought a new one tonight. Can't wait
until there is a BEEFY electric snowblower...

Yep, those cans are useless. Last year I replaced one that leaked, but when I tried to use the new can this year I couldn't get the spout to unlock to flow. So I just took off the spout and poured from the can - spilled very little, far less than two years ago.

As long as we are on gas cans.... I had a 5 gallon plastic gas can in my garage. It was almost empty, and the sides collapsed in on themselves because of the cold weather. I had to completely empty it, and dunk it in hot water to expand it back.

But lets hope this station gets up soon, although since it is a completely new location, I am sure it will take a while.

The interesting thing is that it is not even listed on Tesla's website at all. Weird!
This one seems to be taking a bit longer to appear - not sure why. Often there is a delay between physically going live, and appearing on the Tesla site/in-car nav. But others which went live at the same time as Hadley are on the Tesla site already.
Plugshare gets their info direct from Tesla so it wouldn't be there yet.

Any locals want to pop by and confirm the site is up and running?