TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Levenworth, WA

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ReddyLeaf, Jun 6, 2018.

1. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

@BlueShift Bingo, found the permit. Based on a rumor from the folks at Plugin North Central WA, I did a quick search and found the permit for a supercharger at Dan's Market, 1329 US-2, Leavenworth, WA. Permit: frmViewInspection

3033128E 6/1/2018 6/7/2018 TESLA SUPERCHARGERS 1329 HWY. 2 LEAVENWORTH CHELAN Active 2000 AMP SERVICE WITH CHARGERS & CHARGING STATIONS

The Plug-In NCW folks said that the SC is already operational. Can anyone confirm?

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Not registered in car as active SC yet.

3. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Can we get a spell check on the thread title?

• Funny x 3
  4. marksvend

marksvend Member

2000 amps would mean 12 stalls sharing 6x 120kW chargers.

5. aromasca

aromasca Member

Nice, this is going to be a very popular SC

6. marksvend

marksvend Member

map.jpg
    There's not even a Coming Soon pin on Tesla's map for Leavenworth, and it's so close to Wenatchee. Maybe this is going in instead of Wenatchee? It's only a 12 minute detour from I-90 to stop here on the way to Wenatchee or Lake Chelan.

7. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

ALRIGHT! Ive been waiting for something in the Leavenworth/Wenatchee/Chelan area for a while because I travel there often. Sometimes I have to come back in one day and it’s inconvenient to spend a couple hrs charging in Wenatchee or Leavenworth to make it back to Monroe

8. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

Also I drove through a week ago. Didn’t specifically look into Dans market parking lot but would’ve surely noticed if there were some shiny superchargers there.

9. N8DGR8

N8DGR8 Member

Have you tried just calling Dan's Market?

10. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

That is a good idea.

11. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

I may be there Tuesday 6/12, and I’ll stop by & investigate.

12. Verranzo

Verranzo New Member

Oh wow. I'm actually headed up to Orondo this weekend. A supercharger there would make taking the Tesla an option (vs. an ICE car atm). Confirmation would be great! If not I'll see if I can verify it myself if I'm in the area over the weekend with the ICE car (I'm not driving however).

13. Ron Knori

Ron Knori New Member

On the official supercharger map they also did not even list Vancouver as a possible destination. It just popped up here and a 6 months later it was finished. It makes sense to put one here vs. Wenatchee as long as they do one in Chelan and Okanogan as planned. I can't wait until all these are finished!

• Like x 1
  14. Made in CA

Made in CA Supporting Member

#14 Made in CA, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Informative x 6
    • Like x 3
  15. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

Glad to hear it, thanks for the update! I’m having trouble seeing the pics, but I take your word for it being underway.

Always liked doing a loop on the 20, the 97 and the 2. This will help.

• Like x 2
  16. Piney999

Piney999 Member

This is wonderful. I wonder what else is out there!!

17. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

The Estes Park CO Supercharger wasn’t on the map either until it became operational. Weird.

18. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Weirdly enough it's not on the Tesla map, even though it would have been under construction at the time the map was updated a couple of weeks ago!

19. Mobius484

Mobius484 Supporting Member

This is going to make alternat route to Seattle much more convenient! Looking forward to the Okanogan/Omak charger as well...

20. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

Sorry for the misspelled title. I’ve reported it, so maybe a moderator can fix it. Thanks for the pictures and checking. Rumor is that Tesla was having trouble with a Wenatchee location so found this alternative. Leavenworth was an early adopter of EV charging with the AV Chademo DCQC in downtown, so maybe the locals are very aware of the tourist potential. This might even be a better location for Seattle tourist travel since it can serve both Leavenworth and Wenatchee. As an east sider, I would prefer Wenatchee, but I’ll take anything

• Like x 1