Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction has begun.

Attachments

• IMG_20230305_143156155.jpg
    IMG_20230305_143156155.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20230305_143048111.jpg
    IMG_20230305_143048111.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 111
OMG, what great news, this is one of the stops we make on our road trips from southern IL to southern MD when we visit our grandkids. Lately, the volume of business has been increasing. Since we usually arrive with a SOC of about 20% and need to charge up to 90% to get to our hotel in WV we wind up spending 30 to 40 minutes there given we are usually power sharing. This is a game-changer for us.

Looking forward to updates with photos.

Are they updating the original 8 V2 stalls to V3. On our last trip we arrived at 7 pm at 22% SOC and needed to charge to 85% to make it to our hotel and have enough range to make it to the first SCer in the morning and 7 of the 8 stalls were in use. So I had time to chat with some of the folks and it appears most of the folks were locals without access to home charging. We were there for almost 40 minutes.

Are they updating the original 8 V2 stalls to V3. On our last trip we arrived at 7 pm at 22% SOC and needed to charge to 85% to make it to our hotel and have enough range to make it to the first SCer in the morning and 7 of the 8 stalls were in use. So I had time to chat with some of the folks and it appears most of the folks were locals without access to home charging. We were there for almost 40 minutes.
I don't think they generally do that, so no. They didn't do it at the London, KY site or the Asheville, NC site that added V3 chargers, the two that come to mind.

I don't think they generally do that, so no. They didn't do it at the London, KY site or the Asheville, NC site that added V3 chargers, the two that come to mind.
I don't recall ever encountering one of these "mixed" sites. I assume the car will use the V3 chargers when calculating needed charging stops/times and not the V2. Or does anyone know what the car will do when navigating on a road trip?

There is a huge difference in charging speeds based on a shared 75 kWh V2 vs 250+ kWh on a V3. Just thinking out loud.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
I don't recall ever encountering one of these "mixed" sites. I assume the car will use the V3 chargers when calculating needed charging stops/times and not the V2. Or does anyone know what the car will do when navigating on a road trip?

There is a huge difference in charging speeds based on a shared 75 kWh V2 vs 250+ kWh on a V3. Just thinking out loud.
The car knows what charger you plug into and what kW you are pulling, so yes it will know. You just need to pick the V3 stalls instead of the V2 stalls when arriving.

Reactions: cdswm3
It doesn't seem like they label the new stalls to show which are the new V3 vs older V2. I guess it would be obvious to tenured Tesla owners seeing the cable size, but not somebody new. Maybe their eventual plan is to add magic docs to the old V2's to preserve faster charging for Tesla's. That would make the most sense.

Reactions: TomServo
Any update? We'll be traveling to Maryland for the Memorial Day weekend and this is one of our significant charging stops as I need range to get to our hotel in WV, handle overnight losses, and get to the next SCer the next morning. We usually arrive at 20% SOC and charge to 90%, if we have to share a stall it can take close to 40 minutes.

Rode through today and snapped some pics. I looked to see what the Tesla tech was working on but couldn't tell. I'll check again and update if I see magic docs or 150s updated to 250s.

Attachments

• IMG_20230517_114142966.jpg
    IMG_20230517_114142966.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20230517_114231575.jpg
    IMG_20230517_114231575.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 42