Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, MA (RT-128 NB service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been unable to find anything yet, but I'll keep looking. My assumption is that someone would need to pull a permit with the town at least, even though discussions/approval is probably with Mass-DOT. Same for the Newton location....

I met and had a great conversation with the guys that make all this stuff happen. I didn't press for any info that wasn't available to share. They don't get nearly enough credit for their negotiation skills and persistence in getting these sites done.

My assumption is that someone would need to pull a permit with the town at least, even though discussions/approval is probably with Mass-DOT. Same for the Newton location....
If the sites are within the service plazas themselves, then maybe not. Those areas are generally considered as entirely within the Right-of-Way for the road and therefore often the local jurisdiction isn't involved at all. How the roads authority handles plan checks for code compliance and permitting will vary from one to another. They might be handled by a state level office, outsourced to the appropriate county office that issues permits for construction in unincorporated areas, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: EdA and Tdreamer
Are you Superman? You’re everywhere.
Nope - went for a drive to CT Saturday and made the rounds checking for any sign of life at these locations... Was hoping for at least one site progressing to construction given Littleton just wrapped up but no. Perhaps the crew went up to Williston, VT which just started construction. Who knows....

Reactions: kayak1
I'm assuming they will go in one of the two rows next to the grass medians. I'm also assuming they will get ICE'd regularly. (or they won't actually get built here) We'll see.
Newton is basically the same layout, but without any extra space like Lexington.

I just drove by the Lexington rest area and glanced in. There is a skid steer loader and a mini excavator in that area now. More importantly, there were a bunch of those pre-formed concrete bases Tesla uses now for Supercharger stands sitting in piles off to the side of that mini lot. I was by it before I could take a picture. I'm headed back down 128 tonight. Maybe I'll cross over for photos.

I just drove by the Lexington rest area and glanced in. There is a skid steer loader and a mini excavator in that area now. More importantly, there were a bunch of those pre-formed concrete bases Tesla uses now for Supercharger stands sitting in piles off to the side of that mini lot. I was by it before I could take a picture. I'm headed back down 128 tonight. Maybe I'll cross over for photos.
Perhaps the explanation why Woburn is on hold - they've moved on to Lexington for a bit! Great find!

Great heads up @Farmer, I stopped by (on my way back from Lynnfield). The parking bay (13 spaces) closest to Rt 128 has been fenced off, signs for Heidrea construction. There's a cut in the pavement leading up to the median, which has been partially stripped of sod. The isolated loop @Cryptoengineer identified is being used as a staging area, there are 8 pedestal bases (?) some conduit and a couple of Kubotas (with Heidrea markings) over there, but no actual diggings.

PXL_20210613_155733558.jpg

PXL_20210613_155752869.jpg

PXL_20210613_155919777.jpg

PXL_20210613_155937061.jpg