Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dad grew up outside Wood River in the '20s and '30s, and would make a monthly trip into Grand Island on Saturdays so his mom would shop while he and his dad caught the latest serial episode plus the feature at the "moving picture show."

He told me the Lincoln Highway (before it was named US30) was paved from WR to GI, but was unpaved west of WR to Kearney until about '26 or '27 if I recall his story correctly.

The I-80 corridor is historically important. CPA, you're right..it's the Lincoln Highway. You can read about the history here.

True. The Lincoln Highway (first transcontinental auto route) follows a number of other historic firsts. Much of the western portion follows the route of the first transcontinental telegraph, the first transcontinental railroad, the Pony Express, the Overland Stagecoach route, and so on. As I have lamented here before, Tesla missed an opportunity by not doing I-80 as the first supercharged transcontinental highway. Would have made a lot more sense than the meandering route they chose. Water under the bridge now.

Reactions: Ulmo
As I have lamented here before, Tesla missed an opportunity by not doing I-80 as the first supercharged transcontinental highway. Would have made a lot more sense than the meandering route they chose. Water under the bridge now.
I'm pretty sure that Elon's "family trip" was really just a way to make the route that they could get in place the fastest accepted.

This makes very little sense. Nebraska City would have been a much better choice or even St. Joseph, MO. This makes it about the same distance to the Supercharger in Independence as the one in Council Bluffs, IA. Only way this makes sense is like someone else suggested maybe they are building them closer for the Model E err 3. They will need another one on I-29 at some point. Thank goodness for the HyVee quick charger and the adapter Tesla sells.

This has apparently been approved.

Administrative Amendment No. 16055 to Use Permit #57E, Tesla Motor Charging Station

at Lincoln Crossing, approved by the Planning Director on August 10, 2016, to allow up to

10 parking stalls in Building Area G to be used for electric vehicle charging stations,

generally located at N. 27th Street and North View Drive.​

This makes very little sense.

I agree with you! I'd rather see Grand Island going west instead of Kearney. And St. Joe going south to KC. Or Nebraska City..or maybe Rock Port which has made a commitment to wind generation. That would have been a good testament.

But, it is what it is and maybe we can get Lincoln as well as the others soon. I'm in Lincoln and going to Colorado is not in the cards with the vast desert between here and there. So, I'll take Kearney, North Platte, and maybe Sterling, CO.

If they can keep up maybe individual locations won't be so much of a concern.

This makes very little sense.

I agree with you! I'd rather see Grand Island going west instead of Kearney. And St. Joe going south to KC. Or Nebraska City..or maybe Rock Port which has made a commitment to wind generation. That would have been a good testament.

But, it is what it is and maybe we can get Lincoln as well as the others soon. I'm in Lincoln and going to Colorado is not in the cards with the vast desert between here and there. So, I'll take Kearney, North Platte, and maybe Sterling, CO.

If they can keep up maybe individual locations won't be so much of a concern.
Unless their plans change, it looks like it will be Fort Morgan instead of Sterling.

I'm in Colorado and can't get to Nebraska easily. I could spend a couple of hours extra and get there via Kansas but then it would be quite difficult to get back.

Well, I would like one between Selina and Lincoln so I don't have to do a slow range charge at Selina. It's a shame that 135 ends at Salina. The corner of 81 and 136 would be ideal.

Well, if there's room for 6 superchargers in Montana, maybe there will be room for 2-3 more in Nebraska. Sure looking forward to I-80 being completed through Nebraska and Wyoming.
The paperwork shows at least three more planned for I-80 west of Lincoln. At a Tesla event in Colorado yesterday, someone brought up the gap on I-80 in Nebraska and Wyoming and the Tesla employee said I-80 is a priority and should be completed this year.

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
Hey, John Stuckey, I'm surprised you would go through Nebraska to get to Albuquerque from Dayton. Wouldn't you go south..well, once Rolla and Springfield are finished. Then you've got a sweet 1386 mile trip! But you're welcome here any time!