Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had no idea Tupelo was getting an SC, that is great!!!
Last week when I went from Memphis to Atlanta, I had to go northeast to Nashville, then southeast through Chattanooga.
My struggle through Arkansas proved it was worth the miles to not have to deal with Non-SC charging.
Now with Tupelo, that will save almost 75 miles to be able to go through Birmingham.
As critical as I can be about Tesla, no matter who makes an EV capable of long-distance travel in the future, nobody will have a fast charging network like Tesla.

Living in DFW, almost any direction now is covered... as long as I don't head to Mexico...no worries there

Here's my proposal: We get the word out to as many EVs as possible to meet in the parking lot of the Clinton Library and Doublewide at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday May 13 -- alternative date if SC is not yet up and running is May 20. We begin the convoy to the Supercharger at 11:30 and invite the press to cover it. ahurst, is your restaurant near by for lunch? The oldest and youngest Teslas are the first to hook up to the new SCs. Anyone have any other ideas, modifications, etc.?

Reactions: jvonbokel
Here's my proposal: We get the word out to as many EVs as possible to meet in the parking lot of the Clinton Library and Doublewide at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday May 13 -- alternative date if SC is not yet up and running is May 20. We begin the convoy to the Supercharger at 11:30 and invite the press to cover it. ahurst, is your restaurant near by for lunch? The oldest and youngest Teslas are the first to hook up to the new SCs. Anyone have any other ideas, modifications, etc.?

Is there a formal existing Little Rock or Arkansas-based Tesla Owners Group? I see you are the "owner" of the "RazerT's", very cool name.

There are several clubs in Texas, and the North Texas Tesla Owner's group is well established, has a 501 non-profit organizational tax status, and has an ongoing list of activities, including SC openings, Earth Day, trips, etc.

If interested, I know our President Rick is willing to offer any support, suggestions etc, since Tesla rarely does.

The LR SC opening is a bit far for us to travel, but we are very excited to have this major gap in coverage finally filled in.

Tesla Owners Club of North Texas | @NTXTeslaOwners

@TMC Bubba good catch. I looked at the way those pedestals were orientated and thought the charging cord would be to short.

@TMC Bubba and Pricee2
I hope the contractors followed the proper design.

If you look at how the concrete is poured, it will not be able to be mounted in the typical orientation.

As is It would still probably reach the car if they have the end where the cable comes out nearest to the spots.

Stopped by the site this afternoon to check on progress. Got a few photos, though did get chided by mall security. Worth it, since there seems to be some questions about the pedestals
IMG_8041.JPG
IMG_8039.JPG
IMG_8037.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Zarwin
Yikes, there are light posts that prevent a car from backing up very far too. Unless they have some type of different charging cord, I don't see how this design is going to work.

North Dakota may beat Arkansas after all :)
Every Supercharger I've been to only requires you to stop at the curb. The charging cord detaches from the far side so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for pics alderct. I took some pictures this evening so nothing new to report. Looks like there should be no trouble connecting as long as they don't put in parking lot bumpers. Looks like all that's left is label the pedestals, finish the landscaping, clean up the site, turn on the power and have a Tesla tech check each charger. Could get done this week. Where and when will the next Arkansas SC show up?

I bet they screwed up and oriented all of the chargers the same as the single pull in spot, and that Tesla is going to make them rip it all out and start over. Which would really suck. (Especially for the contractor.)

Doesn't Tesla normally only label one side of the charger? That could make it very difficult to see what stall you are pulling in to. (Of course they could label both sides.)

Reactions: jvonbokel
Doesnt the orientation they installed these at put more stress on the cable? It needs to flex around the cabinet before it heads to the car. I think if Tesla meant for them to be installed that way the cable connection would be different to avoid the stress.

I bet they screwed up and oriented all of the chargers the same as the single pull in spot, and that Tesla is going to make them rip it all out and start over. Which would really suck. (Especially for the contractor.)

Doesn't Tesla normally only label one side of the charger? That could make it very difficult to see what stall you are pulling in to. (Of course they could label both sides.)

I too am fairly certain they screwed up. Someone should call Tesla and be sure they've looked at these pics.