Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this shows just how useless the stall status is. When I left my hotel it said 5 of 6 stalls available. Great I thought. When I got there, it said 3 of 6 available. But this is what actually was available:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm not convinced bad or impossible-to-know-accuracy data is better than no data.

I think this shows just how useless the stall status is. When I left my hotel it said 5 of 6 stalls available. Great I thought. When I got there, it said 3 of 6 available. But this is what actually was available:

I'm not convinced bad or impossible-to-know-accuracy data is better than no data.
In my experience this is highly unusual. One drunk/poor ICE driver taking two spots and one ICE business vehicle (looks like a traffic control sign mounted on the truck?) taking another.

Was this your closest supercharger? If so you probably would have gone there anyway.

Perhaps I've just been very luck, but I've not been ICEd at SCs. Quick, were is some wood to knock on.

View attachment 243055

View attachment 243056 View attachment 243057 View attachment 243058

From the signage, it looks like the Dura Mark truck from Aurora, Ohio, is not in one of the shared 60 minute parking spaces. Maybe if they got a few calls/emails concerning truck #11 parking and blocking a Supercharger they would ask their drivers not to park there in the future.

In the past, owners have contacted businesses who have parked their work trucks at Superchargers and they have indicated they would change their parking habits going forward.

Was this your closest supercharger? If so you probably would have gone there anyway.

I had no choice. I had 21 miles of range left. SCs out here are not like California where you actually have alternative charging options (must be nice). The next two closest SCs were the one I just came from (Charlotte, NC) and the next one I was heading to (Lexington, VA) -- both more than 100 miles away.

You were able to squeeze in, right?

I was about to try, and I think I would have fit, but I wouldn't have been able to open up either door or get out the back. So I just waited for one of the remaining three stalls to open up.

Reactions: Max*

View attachment 243055

View attachment 243056 View attachment 243057 View attachment 243058

Better you than me. For ICEing two spots, I would have let the air out of one or more tires on that Mazda.

Don't comment on if this is "right or wrong", I don't want to hear it. Just what I would have done unless the owner showed up post-haste to move the car.

I don't understand. 1 out of 8 available is the same as 8 out of 8 available? How does that work? If that's what you're saying, I don't see the usefulness of that. If that one stall is broken, there could still be a line of 10 waiting, and you'd never know. Same with a stall "in transition." But that same 1 out of 8 could be a real empty stall and no waiting. Not sure how you would divine which of those three possibilities it is without any additional information. In one case you charge immediately, the other, you're waiting 2 hours.

No, sorry for the confusion. 1 out of 8 available is the same as 0 out of 8. This is because there is a high likelihood that someone has just disconnected and another owner is pulling into the stall and is about to connect. I'd look for at least 2 stalls available in order to conclude that the station is not completely full.

• Helpful
Reactions: caltechkid and bmah
So you mean like this?

From the moment I left Strasburg, VA to the time I got to Harrisburg, it was a constant 2/8 free, so I thought I was good, but also thinking there might be two ICEd or broken stalls...

upload_2017-8-22_23-1-19.png

But when I get there... this is what I see (that's my car there on 1A) :rolleyes:

upload_2017-8-22_23-1-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-22_23-0-10.png
    upload_2017-8-22_23-0-10.png
    405.7 KB · Views: 58
So you mean like this?

From the moment I left Strasburg, VA to the time I got to Harrisburg, it was a constant 2/8 free, so I thought I was good, but also thinking there might be two ICEd or broken stalls...

View attachment 243171

But when I get there... this is what I see (that's my car there on 1A) :rolleyes:

View attachment 243173
Had the same experience at Atascadero on Monday 14 Aug afternoon. 3/8 available, when I got there I was the only one.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Anybody ever figure this one out?

Yes. Years ago. But not me. The person who cracked it and published the results was “asked” by Tesla to take it down. That’s all I know.

Reactions: HankLloydRight