Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Locations UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best way (IMO) to deal with is important aspect of EV use is to use the 'chargebump' app. It's free and all you do is put a barcode sticker in the windscreen (a new use for the tax disc holder) of your charging EV which someone can use with the charge bump app to contact you.

Seems like a really great, anonymous solution. Obviously risks being "physically bumped" when you get back to your car, but the more dangerous times for that are the times you'd be less likely to need bumping.

West Drayton

20150716_145240.jpg

3 stalls by the road and 2 more coming by the building.

I was there earlier today as they're having a look at a couple of issues for me.

all but 1 of the supercharger bays were occupied and I don't think it was by visitors, looked like they were being used by the service centre?

i guess they would move one if you asked inside though.

i hope during 2016 these super chargers spread like wild fire. Does anyone know if it is possible to get one fitted at home? Thats assuming you can get a 3 phase supply with the correct transformer.

Yes you can. You need 200A 3 phase, and about £150,000.

There are rumours that a couple of people with more money than sense have done this, but it's hard to see why. It would be cheaper for you to use a "hypercharger" which takes you from empty to full in less than a minute: you just buy a second Model S and swap between the two cars :)

Report from a user on SpeakEV.

So I had a very interesting evening yesterday.

Went along to an investor presentation, and who should I meet but none other than the Chief Executive of Welcome Break.

Of course my first question was "So you can tell me where all the Superchargers are going?" :)

To which his answer was all of his sites - I make that 28. He caveated that he was trying to get this done, of course it may not end up being quite all of them.

He confirmed Gordano was coming on line soon.

His Model S is getting delivered in the next two months, so he's a convert to the cause. It appears he's working with Tesla on this because he believes its the future, rather than for pure financial reasons. However I think in the long run it will be a good deal for Welcome Break.

A very progressive thinker and gave me great confidence in the future Tesla infrastructure in the UK.

Report from a user on SpeakEV.

Great news, thanks for sharing it. Always have liked Welcome Break, will feel that bit better stopping off there for a coffee now.
I was looking at the UK SC map earlier, and thought back to when my family members were dismissing Tesla as impractical and mentioning how there were only 8 superchargers in the whole country. Well, there's 28 now and I imagine by year's end it could be well above 40. I look forward to having Mk II of this conversation over Christmas.

Does anyone know if Leicester Forest East Services will get a Supercharger and if so when? Thanks
Outside Tesla no one knows.

Personally I think it will be low on the list, as you have Northampton south, and Tankersley north already servicing the M1, and it's quite possible to get from South Mimms to Tankersley on a single charge even in an S60. Another thing against it is it doesn't service both carriageways from one exit.

They will be much better off sorting A1(M) around Peterborough next IMHO.

Another thing against it is it doesn't service both carriageways from one exit.
I think J24A Donington Services would be more likely than LFE or Trowell. It would serve far more "Routes" A50, A/M42, M1 (&M69), A6, East Midlands Airport, and a single site is accessible from all roads/routes.

I think that Peterborough area on the A1 does need something, but I'd be happy with spomething at newmarket serving Both the A11 and A14 Routes.

I do notice that the 2016 forecast shows a SC in Norwich I don't understand which route this would be serving.. surely it'd end up as a local use only charger...

I think J24A Donington Services would be more likely than LFE or Trowell. It would serve far more "Routes" A50, A/M42, M1 (&M69), A6, East Midlands Airport, and a single site is accessible from all roads/routes.

I think that Peterborough area on the A1 does need something, but I'd be happy with spomething at newmarket serving Both the A11 and A14 Routes.

I do notice that the 2016 forecast shows a SC in Norwich I don't understand which route this would be serving.. surely it'd end up as a local use only charger...

The slight issue with Donington is it's a Moto services, I'm not sure they have any agreements in place yet. Otherwise I agree Donington Services would be a good choice, though they would need to be mindful of heavy taxi use doing shuttle work out of EMA or make sure it's a 4+ bay site.

I think Norwich is aimed to give total coverage. Without it round trips out towards the East Anglian coast are slightly problematic.