Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - London, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update, I was at the site on December 31st, and still no update. Checking online, they have updated the Estimated Opening date 2020.... which makes sense since we can't go back to 2019 lol.

Hopefully we get this by the spring. I was reading an article the other day where they were saying that the v3 Supercharger roll out was very far behind. Regardless, they turned on the Trans Canada Highway in 2019 as promised.

We're not talking about ones that were announced.. Its understandable some have taken longer to find sites, get permits etc.. we're talking about one that got the permit, started construction, was halfway done and then suddenly became a ghosttown.. why start and just stop? Even if you needed new chargers sent, dozens of others got them, finished and opened already

• Disagree
Reactions: lensovet
We're not talking about ones that were announced.. Its understandable some have taken longer to find sites, get permits etc.. we're talking about one that got the permit, started construction, was halfway done and then suddenly became a ghosttown.. why start and just stop? Even if you needed new chargers sent, dozens of others got them, finished and opened already
You must be new here.

there was an SC site literally 2-4 miles from Tesla’s factory that was fully built out and then dismantled due to issues that arose. We have no idea how Tesla prioritizes pedestal distribution when they have a shortage, but they certainly have way better insights into charging demand than any of us here. And no, there’s no cabal or conspiracy here either. Some chargers are built and online in less than two months. Some take years. The only thing that is certain is that you should never count on using SCs that are not open yet and you should never count on an under construction charger to be ready for some future trip you’re planning.

Reactions: mirovuko
You must be new here.

there was an SC site literally 2-4 miles from Tesla’s factory that was fully built out and then dismantled due to issues that arose. We have no idea how Tesla prioritizes pedestal distribution when they have a shortage, but they certainly have way better insights into charging demand than any of us here. And no, there’s no cabal or conspiracy here either. Some chargers are built and online in less than two months. Some take years. The only thing that is certain is that you should never count on using SCs that are not open yet and you should never count on an under construction charger to be ready for some future trip you’re planning.

Nope, I'm not new at all, but you do make alot of assumptions.. I was just commenting that this specific one is taking a really long time while they opened a wack of the the transcanada highway ones fairly quickly.. I know that some build quicker then others.. I never said there was a conspiracy theory! They do not always know all the specifics of every local area in terms of charging demand and they always encourage feedback from Tesla owners to have better insight.. And I didn't "count on using SCs".. It would just be nice to have access before spring instead of having to charge at Woodstock when we do make trips..

Drove past today and it looked like they were working on it again
Twitter
F02286C9-A112-4674-81FC-196892B43F85.jpeg

ooooh nice!
I am in Toronto and my daughter is in Western (Ivey) so I do that drive fairly often, although I typically leave home full, drive to Western and then stop at Cambridge on the way home.
I may not "need" to use this SC but I will definitely check it out in London once its up and running. (Although I typically arrive in London with about 52%...)

ooooh nice!
I am in Toronto and my daughter is in Western (Ivey) so I do that drive fairly often, although I typically leave home full, drive to Western and then stop at Cambridge on the way home.
I may not "need" to use this SC but I will definitely check it out in London once its up and running. (Although I typically arrive in London with about 52%...)

You also have Woodstock available between the two :)

You also have Woodstock available between the two :)
I agree. The problem with Cambridge is that it is too close on the way out and it can be too far on the way home. I live in Scarborough and it is 215km to Western. My house - Western back to Cambridge is about 320km which is too far in the winter. IMHO Woodstock is better located for the Toronto - London run.