Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - London, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of years ago, we had THE Tesla tech who was responsible for energizing all of the Canadian Super Chargers, at our Tesla club meeting. He stated that Tesla *preferred* to send him out and commission multiple (more than 1) sites, if possible. He told us this, as he had to get on a plane to "Quebec" that evening, then he was heading to another site to do the same. I do not recall which site, but the Quebec one was the Levis or Laval Supercharger (age - hinders memory). He only told us because it was going to be up the next day, and it was. It's the only time that a Tesla rep ever spilled the beans to us.
That's why I speculate (yes, speculate) that the TC highway might be done in waves

Yes, the justification here is pragmatic and operational, not tied to some notion of marketing or sly dealings with others, and why it remains my preferred theory.

Reactions: lensovet
People consistently fail to understand the major benefit of V3 superchargers when it comes to capacity and throughput. It isn't so much that some cars will get higher speeds. It's that you won't get throttled as much by being paired. While your specific model may not be able to take advantage of the 250 kW max, the big plus is that you aren't going to get stuck at 36 kW anymore. So, Yes! for you too.

Also much of the time cars are throttled because of SoC or cold battery issues. No v.3 or prospective v.4 will solve that,

So if this is the case, what do you think the bottleneck is, and when do you think it will be up and running? I understand that this is a complete guess, and I won't quote you on it lol

Well, as others have said, it could be Tesla wanting to commission them in batches.

I did hear in one instance that a delay was caused by getting a particular telco to install an internet connection. I would have thought they'd go wireless, but was told these stations have a hardwired internet connection.

It could also be that there is something holding up the final electrical work meaning that Tesla can't get their ESA Connection Authorization which is required before the utility can connect. In the early days, I think Tesla forgot that Canadian 347/600 volt systems can't connect to the 277/480 volt Supercharger equipment. Tesla has to supply their own dry-type step down transformer.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric

Attachments

• London Supercharger.jpg
    London Supercharger.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Informative
Reactions: Bratt and MarcoRP