Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Pine, CA (LIVE 28 Jan 2015, multiple expansions, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure someone here is heading up this weekend. Snow is going to be awesome.
If not, check your in-dash nav to see what LP has listed for number of stalls. I forgot to do so this morning.

Heading up tonight after work, but taking a friend's WRX. I tried to get him to find one with the EyeSight system when he bought it, but people strangely don't prioritize active cruise control! Not looking forward to actually driving the car when it's my turn LOL

If I'm not sleeping, I'll see if we can stop by and get the latest!

Reactions: RubberToe
Just passed by LP. The eight new chargers in the back are still bagged up.

EDIT: and to round out the post, four cars plugged in and one car leaving the parking lot when we arrived at 9:20pm to check it out. Not even peak season yet and we’re at 80-90% capacity already! Really need these new chargers up and running. Bishop would help too.

Last edited:
IMG_5105.JPG

We were in the Bay Area for a week, then skied Mt. Rose Thursday Liftlines Skiing and Snowboarding Forums • View topic - Mt. Rose, NV, Dec. 5, 2019 and Mammoth Friday Liftlines Skiing and Snowboarding Forums • View topic - Mammoth, Dec. 6, 2019. Lone Pine was our dinner stop 5:50-6:50PM on the way home. I was concerned that Mojave might be full by the time we got down there due to weekenders on the way up. However every time I checked later on Mojave had at least two stalls open.

Lone Pine is the supercharger we need most to be v3, so that news is awesome.

FYI in 50K miles of driving, Thursday was the first time we drove a nearly full charge entirely at temperatures <50F. We drove from Truckee to Mt. Rose to ski, then to a ski shop in Squaw Valley and finally around Lake Tahoe and down to Mammoth. Total was 235 miles driven, 312 rated miles used with temperatures 30-35F around Tahoe and 20-25F from the Carson Valley to Mammoth.

Power consumption was no different than typical spring travel to Mammoth on 395 at 75-80mph with warm temperatures. So it seems temperature is not really an issue for California skiers because once you get into the mountains where it's colder, usually you're driving slower. It takes a combination of cold temps and high speed for severe range degradation.

View attachment 486168

We were in the Bay Area for a week, then skied Mt. Rose Thursday Liftlines Skiing and Snowboarding Forums • View topic - Mt. Rose, NV, Dec. 5, 2019 and Mammoth Friday Liftlines Skiing and Snowboarding Forums • View topic - Mammoth, Dec. 6, 2019. Lone Pine was our dinner stop 5:50-6:50PM on the way home. I was concerned that Mojave might be full by the time we got down there due to weekenders on the way up. However every time I checked later on Mojave had at least two stalls open.

Lone Pine is the supercharger we need most to be v3, so that news is awesome.

FYI in 50K miles of driving, Thursday was the first time we drove a nearly full charge entirely at temperatures <50F. We drove from Truckee to Mt. Rose to ski, then to a ski shop in Squaw Valley and finally around Lake Tahoe and down to Mammoth. Total was 235 miles driven, 312 rated miles used with temperatures 30-35F around Tahoe and 20-25F from the Carson Valley to Mammoth.

Power consumption was no different than typical spring travel to Mammoth on 395 at 75-80mph with warm temperatures. So it seems temperature is not really an issue for California skiers because once you get into the mountains where it's colder, usually you're driving slower. It takes a combination of cold temps and high speed for severe range degradation.

I thought that building was a construction company trailer. But the handicapped access ramp has me thinking it is a permanent installation. Maybe rest rooms?

RT

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
As of this morning, my Nav still says 6 stalls. T minus 11 days until my trip up. Since I am going up on a Saturday afternoon (rare for me), with 3 teenagers in my car, I am really hoping that this gets launched beforehand.

Good news! Looks like the expansion is complete!
As of this AM, my nav says 10 of 10 stalls available. I guess this does add a bit of confusion though. 4 original + 8 new would be 12 (if my math serves me correct :p). The nav also says max 150 kW. That goes against v3, does it not?
I hope they move the temp stalls to Inyokern (well, Mojave would be better for me, but Inyokern better for everyone else).

Lone Pine.JPG

Looks like the expansion is complete!
As of this AM, my nav says 10 of 10 stalls available. I guess this does add a bit of confusion though. 4 original + 8 new would be 12 (if my math serves me correct :p). The nav also says max 150 kW. That goes against v3, does it not?
It does seem to indicate none of the stalls at this location are V3.

I’ve updated the thread title to match what the car nav shows. Let’s get some first hand user reports and see what the situation is.

Just in time for the Mammoth ski season!

Good news! Looks like the expansion is complete!
I hope they move the temp stalls to Inyokern (well, Mojave would be better for me, but Inyokern better for everyone else).

View attachment 490100

Inyokern badly needs it since last time I went through one was being finicky. They fixed it by now I think