Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Pine, CA (LIVE 28 Jan 2015, multiple expansions, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, there was a Model X there, falcon door wide open, with an apparently shattered passenger window, and no one around. It was there when I arrived and when I left. I would have closed his door for him, but I don’t know how. I stayed as long as I could, but had to get on the road. I called Tesla roadside assistance to see if they could call him.

Attachments

• 4983C69A-7952-4B90-A6AB-B4A0738758E9.jpeg
    4983C69A-7952-4B90-A6AB-B4A0738758E9.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Also, there was a Model X there, falcon door wide open, with an apparently shattered passenger window, and no one around. It was there when I arrived and when I left. I would have closed his door for him, but I don’t know how. I stayed as long as I could, but had to get on the road. I called Tesla roadside assistance to see if they could call him.

Maybe the kid reallllyyyy had to go

At LP now, 12/26. No change in stalls. 4 new guys still wrapped up in plastic. Using one of the new stalls, I got a max of 110kW with a low SOC. My car was built exactly 1 year ago, 75D. I am not sure what my max charge rate is. These are definitely V3 though. Water cooled and thin cables.

110kw matches the highest charge rate I’ve ever seen in my 75.

Stopped on Christmas afternoon and used one of the V3 chargers.

Arrived at 10% SOC and maxed out at 194 kW and just under 800 mph.

M3P-
I never got up above 100kW on the V3's, I was on the third plug in on the new section. I have to say though, I drove through yesterday and it was nice to have 10 plugs available. It made the difference between being able to plug in immediately and having to wait. Good on Tesla for adding plugs there. Can't wait for Inyokern to get more plugs.

Reactions: McManX
Anyone make it from LA to Lone Pine without stopping? I have a MX LR raven, but it says I’ll barely make it to Lone Pine from 100%
What do you mean by "it", when you say "it says..."? If "it" is the in-car Nav, then you will likely not make it, unless you keep it under 65 (hahaha) and you have zero wind (hahahahaha). If it is EVTripplanner, that is another story. At the same time, that website seems to no longer take into consideration speed and elevation, at least the last few times I tried to use it a few months ago.

I've made it from LA to Lone Pine non-stop multiple times. In the winter I have found that it's usually worth a 5 minute stop in Mojave to give yourself a bit of a buffer.
Interesting. I guess I never had a car with that much range. 272 was the max I had with my old P85. At least 20 RM are used just going over the Sepulveda Pass. EVTripplanner says that it is 240 with a speed multiplier of 1.2 (this site seemed to give me more accurate information again when I checked yesterday). I drive at 1.1, but 1.2 takes into consideration unpredictables. If I upgrade to a 370 range Model S, then I think getting to LP from LA should be quite easy.