Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnfield, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MVIMG_20190727_195728.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: shadownddust
I'll try to swing by every few days... this is on my way home from work. I've been waiting for Lynnfield or Beverly to come online as I'm in Salem. I have limited power at my condo, so I need all the help I can get. The EvGo charger at Northshore mall has been helpful though. 30/mi/hr. Not bad.

Reactions: JWardell
Was there today. It looks ready to go (not signed or taped off) but when I plugged in, no charge and a worker came over to tell me it wasn't "commissioned yet". He didn't seem to know when, but said "it will show up on your GPS when it is operational". Not too helpful but nice spot and 12 chargers!

He didn't seem to know when, but said "it will show up on your GPS when it is operational". Not too helpful but nice spot and 12 chargers!

That's what they tell you...but in reality it will work exactly the opposite way. It will go operational after the Tesla SC tech has commissioned it and then it will show up in the car's touchscreen. I've charged at many SC's before they've shown up in car.

This one is killing me. Nothing between Boston and Concord, NH.

Hooksett?

But there is definitely a hugeeeee dead spot on 495, 95, and 3.

What is really funny is it looks like someone who looked at Boston on a map placed all these and said, we are covered! But any local realizes incredibly popular areas are completely dead, i.e. the complete route to NH in any direction (minus seacoast), which is a hugeee commuting population. Live in any of the populated parts of northern MA or NH, tough luck.

Until Woburn (or Burlington). Honestly I am ecstatic for Lynnfield, but if this means Burlington/Woburn does not happen, that will be a huge hole still.

Reactions: Tdreamer and robby
Checked it out a few hours ago and there was still work being done. All of the backs of the superchargers (where the white plastic is) were taken off and they were messing around with the wiring in them. Hopefully they're almost ready, this location is perfect for me!

Reactions: Tdreamer
I noticed it wasn't on the map yet too... but I don't think it's on the Tesla network yet... I think it's just hooked up to power. And the only reason I say that... I could be wrong... it didn't register in my charging history on my Tesla account, and my last charging location is not "Lynnfield" in the car too.
Very interesting. I wonder if someone who doesn’t have unlimited charging were to plug in, would they be billed?