Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnwood WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I drove by this morning and it's definitely still awaiting the transformer.

Also, I was wrong about them building an enclosure. They did install some rather significant posts near the equipment but they are just there to prevent people from (presumably accidentally) driving into it. I noticed that the propane tank and even the air/water pump had similar posts around them so this could just be something that Fred Meyer wanted to have done.

Lastly, it is super awkward to plug these chargers in. I wonder if they installed them wrong or if it is just a really poor design. It will be even worse in a cold snap, although at least in this area it doesn't typically get a whole lot colder than the 42F or whatever it was when I was there.

How is it awkward?

I know when I've went to brand new supercharger stations the cable is very stiff and difficult to insert in.

wait-for-it.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Yarder
How is it awkward?
You'll have to see for yourself as it's very difficult to describe. Basically you park on one side of the bollard, unhook the cable from the other side and then you have to sort of bend it backwards to plug it in. If the cables become less stiff over time, maybe it won't be a big problem. I was not aware of that.

Just swung by and can confirm the SC is still dark. I tried to plug in and no juice.

I see what Plus means. I think normal stiffness of a new cable, plus short SC cable length, plus awkward alignment make it a stretch.

If they are smart, they will paint the lines slightly offset from normal. So you'd back up and the SC post is actually lined up directly behind the driver.

I just drove by and nothing has changed in the last week or so. Still no transformer. So my guess is this "Request" has to do with the installation of the transformer. Then after that we need whatever testing and approvals are required.