Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnwood WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called the Lynnwood city planning office. Spoke to Todd, and he hadn't heard anything yet. The Supercharger in Sequim is on a Holiday Inn parking lot, shared with a Black Bear Diner. The property owner stated during the grand opening that Tesla did the install and Tesla bills them for the power consumed. So, the same thing could be in the works for Lynnwood. And perhaps a building permit would not be in Tesla's name.
I have never seen a building permit in Tesla's name. Tesla doesn't own the property and Tesla contracts the work. The only time I have seen "Tesla" on a permit is if the contractor uses it in the description. But I haven't seen them all.

According to the Tesla map, it is showing near Lynnwood Crossroads. This would be an ideal location as there are a lot of restaurants, grocery stores, Starbucks, Trader Joes, LA fitness, etc in the area.

upload_2017-10-22_12-15-6.png

According to the Tesla map, it is showing near Lynnwood Crossroads. This would be an ideal location as there are a lot of restaurants, grocery stores, Starbucks, Trader Joes, LA fitness, etc in the area.

View attachment 255475
Welcome to TMC!

It’s a possible spot, but based on prior guesses for other new locations, the pin is where Google Maps places it if you just put “Lynnwood” in as a location.

But I have faith in the obsessive scouts on this board to sniff it out via permits and such!

I'm curious too, I live ~5 minute from the Alderwood Mall so that would be perfect. Also I shop at Fred Meyer couple times a week so it'd be ok too, actually better since I don't like Alderwood Mall too much. I'll let you know if I see something suspicious.

There's already a 220 EV outlet just off I-5 on 196th at the Whole Foods (would be easy both NB and SB), and another on 196th at the AAA store (not so easy to get back to the freeway). So, there is some infrastructure already in place and commercial businesses that could be amiable to sponsoring a supercharger station.

If there's going to be a Lynnwood Supercharger in place by 2018, someone better get in gear!

Where’s the plug at Whole Foods? My wife shops there and we won’t have anything installed for a week or so after delivery so that may be an option

It's against the building. It was a pay station. Might not be there now since it's changed over to Amazon. Another good place to go is Zumiez in Lynnwood, for after hours free charging. I would charge there and walk home, and come back a few hours later.

FOUND IT!

It's the new Fred Meyer on 164th and Alderwood mall parkway. It's near the gas station (farthest corner so least likely to be iced). Looks like 15 to 20 stalls.

Attachments

• 78DDF9E3-27FA-46AB-AFB6-A1BE07B72AC8.jpeg
    78DDF9E3-27FA-46AB-AFB6-A1BE07B72AC8.jpeg
    643 KB · Views: 124
  • 06C93193-B8B0-43C4-A14B-2DDDAAD35BCB.jpeg
    06C93193-B8B0-43C4-A14B-2DDDAAD35BCB.jpeg
    609.8 KB · Views: 122
  • BE9D2FDB-6354-4BBC-B94C-FC5686B7EF6B.jpeg
    BE9D2FDB-6354-4BBC-B94C-FC5686B7EF6B.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 122
  • F000D417-BBD3-42A9-863B-F72267DDBD1C.jpeg
    F000D417-BBD3-42A9-863B-F72267DDBD1C.jpeg
    557.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
FOUND IT!

It's the new Fred Meyer on 164th and Alderwood mall parkway. It's near the gas station (farthest corner so least likely to be iced). Looks like 15 to 20 stalls.
Gotta admit I'm kind of steamed as I had scouted this exact location 4 or 5 times yet I didn't manage to discover it. In fact I specially recommended this location once or twice somewhere on this forum.

Anyways, the last time I was there was within the last month, so we are certainly in the very early stages of construction. It's a bit of a trek across the parking lot, but there are a lot of cool businesses (mostly eateries) on the north end of this lot so this will be a better than average supercharger location in my opinion. And yes, if they put it closer to those businesses, there would be more of an ICEing problem, so overall I approve of the location near the gas station.

Reactions: Yarder
I'm going to chime in and say, I'm glad it's been found finally, I scouted that location about 3 weeks ago, and was going to go there this week, but didn't make it, got sidetracked. Glad to see it's started. I'll be stopping in to take a look week after next. I'll try to get some pics then.

Reactions: Yarder
I stopped by last night and there is some trenching and conduit in place. Didn't take any pics as it was freezing and pouring rain/snow mixed and it was dark.

It looks like there will be 5 supercharger cabinets with 9 or most likely 10 stalls. I could only see conduit for 9 back-in stalls but I'm guessing there will be a 10th pull-in stall as well when all is said and done.

Reactions: Seattle Tom
I think the actual stall count is still TBD. I certainly saw space for 15-20 stalls (they had a lot of area blocked off), but Plus EV said he only saw 10 cabinets.

Given the frequency of Fred Meyer installs in the NW, I’d bet the Totem Lake location is going to be the Fred Meyer there. It’s got good 405 freeway access, but if memory serves, not a ton of great eating options.

The Northgate Fred Meyer would be less ideal for that city supercharger IMO, but would be my first guess for that Supercharger spot too. (I think Northgate mall would be better, but parking there is a nightmare already around the holidays and it will likely be worse when light rail terminates there for a few years.)

I also reported this post to ask if a Mod would change the title to “Supercharger - Lynnwood, WA” since this is no longer a guess. Hopefully that gets updated too.

Reactions: taldric
Ah nice. Finally.

If it’s right by the fuel station, that’s about 1000ft from the smaller eateries on the north side of the plaza. Not too bad but would not be fun if it’s raining. Happy to have one close by though in case a quick charge is needed.