Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnwood WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attempted to charge here today with 16% SOC since the car was predicting I'd get home with less than 5% which was cutting it a bit close for me, plus I needed to grab some groceries and Fred Meyer is right there.

Stall 1B maxed at 20kW and then began dropping. I moved to stall 1A and it maxed at 28kW and then began dropping as well. I was the only person there. I honestly don't know how a brand new supercharger is already having problems, but this seemingly happens at more than half of the superchargers I visit . Tesla needs to get their sh*t together or these kind of problems will damage their brand.

I spent 30 minutes there and only charged 9% before leaving.

Hmm I know these aren't paired like the other superchargers but I usually still try another station further away instead of right next to it when this happens.

But seems like they were having an issue and other stations were probably the game.

I attempted to charge here today with 16% SOC since the car was predicting I'd get home with less than 5% which was cutting it a bit close for me, plus I needed to grab some groceries and Fred Meyer is right there.

Stall 1B maxed at 20kW and then began dropping. I moved to stall 1A and it maxed at 28kW and then began dropping as well. I was the only person there. I honestly don't know how a brand new supercharger is already having problems, but this seemingly happens at more than half of the superchargers I visit . Tesla needs to get their sh*t together or these kind of problems will damage their brand.

I recently experienced a similar situation in a Model X 90D. After two stalls exhibited the same symptoms, starting normally and then backing down to under 20kW, I rebooted the center screen and the car started charging normally again.

A cold battery will limit the charging speed, but it's been pretty warm lately (and it sounds like you were driving so the battery should be warm) so I doubt that was the problem. I would take the car into the service center and ask them to test it out.

I recently experienced a similar situation in a Model X 90D. After two stalls exhibited the same symptoms, starting normally and then backing down to under 20kW, I rebooted the center screen and the car started charging normally again.

Did you unplug when you rebooted or just leave it charging? I've also never heard this as a potential fix for slow charging, but will definitely try it .

I charged here and it was fine for me. Charged at 72 amps (~200 miles/hr) on my Model X.

This is my favorite supercharger. I drop off the wife at 85C, she stands in the long line to buy some pastries, she then walks over to H Mart to go shopping, and I supercharge while she shops. I'd much rather hang out in the car than stand in a long line or go grocery shopping.

Reactions: alloverx
I charged here and it was fine for me. Charged at 72 amps (~200 miles/hr) on my Model X.

This is my favorite supercharger. I drop off the wife at 85C, she stands in the long line to buy some pastries, she then walks over to H Mart to go shopping, and I supercharge while she shops. I'd much rather hang out in the car than stand in a long line or go grocery shopping.
What are 85C and H Mart? Are you talking about a different supercharger? The Lynnwood supercharger is at a Fred Meyer.

While I'm not the poster that drops his wife off at 85C and H mart, I do know about them- 85C is a pastry store about 2 miles from the Lynnwood Supercharger and the H-Mart is a grocery store- Asian mostly I think. also about 2 miles from the Lynnwood Supercharger. It's probably that he drops his wife off at those places and goes to the supercharger to charge- It's walkable between 85C and H-Mart, but not walkable to the Supercharger. Again, it's between 1 and 2 miles away from these two stores- I hope that clears it up