Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madras, OR (LIVE Jul 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The distance from the planned Madras Supercharger to Baker City Supercharger along US HWY 26 is 225 miles!
I would love to drive that stretch but that distance is too far to attempt in my current Tesla (and while I am traveling stopping in Madras to to charge to 100%, or headed west, a stop in Baker City to charge to 100% to make it to Madras is not a fun wait). There is a current John Day Chargepoint CCS/CHAdeMO but it's only one plug...a lot to gamble on!

Prineville to Baker City Supercharger is 196 miles...still a lot!
Mt Vernon makes more sense, or somewhere by the fossil beds.p like Dayville. Mt Vernon Is 118 from Pendleton, 88 from baker city, similar from Hines, 143 from bend, and 130 or so from madras. 395 and 26 isn’t quite as huge, but it is a reasonably busy junction. It makes the fossil beds quite easy. Dayville doesn’t have the junction, but is a little more equidistant.

There is a destination charger in John day that I’ve used , and Clyde Holliday state park will let you plug in overnight for a fee.

The distance from the planned Madras Supercharger to Baker City Supercharger along US HWY 26 is 225 miles!
I would love to drive that stretch but that distance is too far to attempt in my current Tesla (and while I am traveling stopping in Madras to to charge to 100%, or headed west, a stop in Baker City to charge to 100% to make it to Madras is not a fun wait). There is a current John Day Chargepoint CCS/CHAdeMO but it's only one plug...a lot to gamble on!

Prineville to Baker City Supercharger is 196 miles...still a lot!
I've done Redmond to Baker City (215 miles), both ways, charging to 95%, in both my 85's and Model 3 several times before Hines was open. It's really not too bad, speeds and traffic are pretty low so energy usage is lower. When I did it in November the cold did take it's toll so I did a stop to do a 20 minute safety charge at the L2 in John Day.

Reactions: Raleel
Madras.jpg

this is super awesome! if they do the pre-fab pedastels this one can go quicker like some other PNW ones.

Always great to see this charging network building out and building large and building fast (250kW).

Supercharger is super in most all ways, ha.

Wow, those designs are awesome! I really expected it to go in the far North end of the lot, near the Mexican restauran, as that is a “quiet” area (I live near here). During busy grocery shopping, there could be some iced spots at times? Bit disappointed there are no pull-through chargers for Cybertrucks pulling campers into and out of central Oregon 😕. But this will be a hot spot in vacation season!

Mitchell, OR is my current "most wanted" supercharger location. That would open up every awesome day trip location.
I'll give you Mitchell if you give me Lakeview, OR. :) That would allow going from Klamath Falls to Winnemucca without going south to Reno. Selfishly, I'd rather it be closer to the halfway mark between Klamath Falls and Winnemucca, but I figure from Tesla's point of view, Lakeview is better being at the intersection of routes 140 and 395, serving both.

I'll give you Mitchell if you give me Lakeview, OR. :) That would allow going from Klamath Falls to Winnemucca without going south to Reno. Selfishly, I'd rather it be closer to the halfway mark between Klamath Falls and Winnemucca, but I figure from Tesla's point of view, Lakeview is better being at the intersection of routes 140 and 395, serving both.
Ok, somebody tweet to Elon asking for it to be collocated at Black Cap Solar, and to provide free charging from 10-3pm Saturday and Sundays.

Reactions: CharleyBC