Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marlton, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9C1F6CDC-8B32-462A-8D2A-EDE074D8A642.jpeg
9BD2059B-E3BE-4231-8479-F9AED34726D2.jpeg
CC6F2750-0B45-4981-840C-A032B0B5E4C8.jpeg

Stopped by today. Still no power. Good news is we are already getting ICED!! I will add though, most of the signs say open to park for all vehicles. Theres a couple spots that say tesla only

<sigh>. It's not ICEing when it's not a charger. Now that it's open you can call it that when people park there, but at the time of your photo those were normal parking spots, not charging spots.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
<sigh>. It's not ICEing when it's not a charger. Now that it's open you can call it that when people park there, but at the time of your photo those were normal parking spots, not charging spots.
I think you may be confused. The signs ON THE CHARGING SPOTS are open to general parking which is ridiculous. I don’t know why they did this. It is dumb. Someone correct me if I’m misstating something. (It’s arguable whether it’s ‘ice-ing’ but it is loss of possible chargers. This isn’t going to be smart long term, people will run out of spots to charge, the others will be filled with ices, then anger).

I think you may be confused. The signs ON THE CHARGING SPOTS are open to general parking which is ridiculous. I don’t know why they did this. It is dumb. Someone correct me if I’m misstating something. (It’s arguable whether it’s ‘ice-ing’ but it is loss of possible chargers. This isn’t going to be smart long term, people will run out of spots to charge, the others will be filled with ices, then anger).
There are many locations like this. Jackson Hole Wyoming has 8 superchargers, only 2 are dedicated to Tesla, the rest are general.

Doesn't matter the signage, people will still park there until there are laws against it, and they probably still will even then.

3153042d-5f1d-4e8b-8503-993be62a8c2b-jpeg.336739

img_1466-jpg.222203

I don’t know why they did this.

Because the alternative is not having a supercharger in that location at all.

To make the most of this: Don't park in the Tesla-only spots at first. Use up the "shared" spaces if possible. Then at least the "reserved" spots are (theoretically) available if the SC fills up.

Bonus: If you see an ICE in a "shared" spot, take the paired stall for full speed ;)

Because the alternative is not having a supercharger in that location at all.

To make the most of this: Don't park in the Tesla-only spots at first. Use up the "shared" spaces if possible. Then at least the "reserved" spots are (theoretically) available if the SC fills up.

Bonus: If you see an ICE in a "shared" spot, take the paired stall for full speed ;)
Yea, this is my guess too. Just unfortunate. I really think people should talk to the promenade over time as this becomes more of a problem (with more teslas on the road). Tesla has done what they can. I imagine it was the preference of the promenade.

Edit: good shout on the max speed lol

Very frustrating to arrive this morning only to find this in one of the general parking spots. This can't be anything other than spiteful. Tons of parking everywhere else yet the facility decided to put their truck right here.

The facility doesn't seem to have a Twitter presence but if anyone has an email address for the management of the mall, I'd be happy to email them and convey how I feel about this. The truck is in a general parking spot though, so not technically illegal.

IMG_20190427_100206.jpg

Very frustrating to arrive this morning only to find this in one of the general parking spots. This can't be anything other than spiteful. Tons of parking everywhere else yet the facility decided to put their truck right here.

The facility doesn't seem to have a Twitter presence but if anyone has an email address for the management of the mall, I'd be happy to email them and convey how I feel about this. The truck is in a general parking spot though, so not technically illegal.

View attachment 401180
I just don't understand. There is so much parking at that site yet people go out of there way to park in the back away from the stores

fullsizeoutput_5f93.jpeg

Just got back from here:
Pros: Seems to be very fast. Didn't track the specifics, but charged my 3 LR AWD from 130 range to 230 range in 30 minutes. Great place to walk around, etc.
Cons: The ICEing is REAL. 3 spots were filled with ICE - no real reason for it - tons of other, better spots closer to the stores.

View attachment 401180
Just FYI to those who told me not to worry... I told you... let’s get ‘ahead’ of this. Please reach out to the main office.