Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moosic, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SeanDog: Thanks for this report. I've taken the liberty of posting a link to it on the South Hill thread: Supercharger - South Hill, VA

By the way, when you found all of the spots ICEd, did you tell Tesla? It could help them refine their relationship with the property owner.

I've met the Kahill's owner. He's a nice guy and very aware of what the supercharger adds to his property.

Anyone calling the supercharger network unreliable probably hasn't tried to travel using the chademo network.
I understand your point but Chademo isn't much of a benchmark. It's a good example of how to do DC Fast Charging exactly wrong. Of course there is NO other benchmark to compare Tessa's Supercharging network to.

Reactions: vdiv and 5YJSA
I am hoping this is open by Sunday when I drive from downstate to upstate NY (yes, we cut through PA). The Tannersville charger can be very time consuming during high traffic times. The chargers are never full, but where they are make it difficult getting in and out when the center is crowded.

@RDS, I don't blame you for calling ahead. I used to have great confidence in the reliability of the Tesla Supercharger network and the acuracy of the status reporting on the Nav. screen. However, given recent experiences of @SabrToothSqrl and @SeanDog at Moosic along with the multi-day closures at Newark, Knoxville and Barstow last year, I'm sad to say that confidence is waning. Just today, we were driving to a remote Supercharger with the Trip Planner reporting that we'd arrive with 2% charge left. I had no "range anxiety" at all but the thought crossed my mind for the first time ever, "I hope the Supercharger station is working when we get there."

EDIT: added Knoxville.

Indeed, the nav map seems to be out of date in the other way sometimes too--it was reporting limited availability at the Port Hope, ON supercharger one time, even after all stalls were repaired and working again.

With the kWh meter installed, do you think the construction company tried to pull a fast one? In that powering on the equipment made it appear online to Tesla?
No. Tesla takes the final actions in activating sites. Chances are that it was just a mistake of some sort -- possibly Tesla being careless for some reason (holiday distractions?), or possibly a construction or power company problem becoming apparent only after activation.