Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mornington, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its a long shot, (and not exactly Frankston) but I noticed the old Masters Mornington carpark has a large section cordoned off the full length. Also has a fairly large transformer immediately adjacent to it.
C394CCD9-2C9E-498C-9A01-4063A948995D.jpeg

Another dunce location, love spening time in the carpark of a home maker centre. at 3am. I am going to put this down that it was the best that could be done at the time.....

At least the rumored Karingal Hub locational was right next to the freeway, had the shopping centre to grab a coffee etc and was close to 1 fast food location.

Last edited:
I agree freeway access is ordinary to this one, particularly southbound if you don’t want nepean hwy, but it’s a shopping centre not a homemaker centre. It has a couple of decent cafes and toilets that should remain open late-ish hours with coles opening hours.

That's weird... 7 bays marked...

It might have been because I spent a bit of time earlier this morning reading about the Netherlands open access supercharger trial and reading comments about "some cars having to park in the next stall over because the cable wouldn't reach otherwise".... but an extra stall on one end links in well to this...

Of course, probably just a co-incidence. (Also, it wouldn't say "Tesla vehicles only" if it was intended for other EVs as well. Perhaps "Tesla customers only" would be more applicable in that example.)

One of the priority deciding factors I reckon should be what are the chances of getting ICE'd? I see the first mistake is the car parks have not been painted green. Old mate in his EB Falcon or clapped out Land Cruiser will not give a toss about "Tesla Only" signs, the fully painted parks seems to discourage people better.
I know the ones near me at the shops were always getting ICE'd when they had markings like shown in the photo's, haven't seen an ICE'ing since they painted them all green.

It's a HomeCo centre, not a homemaker centre.
Contains a Coles, Liquorland, Cafe as well as other retail outlets and a gym.

In this case the chargers appear to be about as far from the centre entrance you can get so less likely to be ICEd.

But enforcement of ICEing is much harder at privately owned sites without specific laws like for disabled parking but even then enforcement is lax. And those that ignore visible signs are probably equally going to ignore painted spots.

It's not a bad spot really.
No, it's not on the freeway, but it's already pretty common to see Teslas in Mornington, Mt Eliza and Mt Martha. Heck, the Nepean Highway probably sees more than the freeway.
They're less likely to get ICEd there over summer than they would be closer to the centre of town.

Reactions: moa999 and Leeroy
But enforcement of ICEing is much harder at privately owned sites without specific laws like for disabled parking but even then enforcement is lax.
If they put the Victorian-legislated EV-while-charging-only signs up, they owner of the site just has to make an agreement with the local council to patrol and enforce the parking signs. Eg. in City of Melbourne.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
It's a HomeCo centre, not a homemaker centre.
Contains a Coles, Liquorland, Cafe as well as other retail outlets and a gym.

In this case the chargers appear to be about as far from the centre entrance you can get so less likely to be ICEd.

But enforcement of ICEing is much harder at privately owned sites without specific laws like for disabled parking but even then enforcement is lax. And those that ignore visible signs are probably equally going to ignore painted spots.
The road rules are in place. but nobody seems to know about them

Stopping in a parking area for electric-powered vehicles

• Road Rule 203B has been added to specify that a driver of a vehicle that is not an electric-powered vehicle must not stop in a parking area for electric-powered vehicles.
  • The parking area for electric-powered vehicles will be designated by a sign displaying the following electric-powered vehicle symbol:
Plug electric car to charge

• Road Rule 203C has been added to specify that a driver must not stop in an area designated for the charging of electric-powered vehicles unless the driver’s vehicle is an electric-powered vehicle and the electric-powered vehicle is plugged in to an external source of electricity.
  • The charging area for electronic-powered vehicles will be designated by a sign displaying the following electric-powered vehicle charging symbol.
Charging electric car

Reactions: AussieOwner