Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mornington, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of their first stations and you have to wonder, if it's so good, why didn't they repeat it?
I can only imagine being their first one, they wanted something obviously glitzy for marketing purposes. I doubt very much the volume of solar generated has much of an impact on their energy costs. At least when the site is empty it’s bringing in revenue, even if only a tiny bit.

Both their Campbell Town and Brighton sites in Tassie have DAs approved with a solar canopy. Maybe others.

Reactions: Zoltrix77 and cafz
I can only imagine being their first one, they wanted something obviously glitzy for marketing purposes. I doubt very much the volume of solar generated has much of an impact on their energy costs. At least when the site is empty it’s bringing in revenue, even if only a tiny bit.

Both their Campbell Town and Brighton sites in Tassie have DAs approved with a solar canopy. Maybe others.

The ChargeFox sites at Euroa and Barnawatha in Victoria have solar panels on the gorund! So if they think its worth adding those, one would think its much better to put them on a canopy,

No not yet, as I said, I just think even with a small 6 stall charger, its worth the effort. However, these first location superchargers in Australia are probably seen as somewhat temporary, I for instance would rather have another location than to expand thissite if it became conjested. I don't think we will be seeing any of those 40 stall chargersfor a while in Australia. If there was going to be one like that, I'd expect it between Sydney and Canberra. On the pull through stalls. I think 1 stall that you can charge with a trailer attached would be awesome. Its probably pretty unique at this stage to be towing with a Tesla, I only ever tow a few times a year, and the Model 3 is not the vehicle for the purpose, so it won't be worrying me personally. Would be nice for the folks who need it however.
Some sites like Euroa and Keith have spots for cars with trailers.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
17EE15DF-5DFF-437F-BD74-DF9F6B204C66.jpeg
Let me in!

The road rules are in place. but nobody seems to know about them

Stopping in a parking area for electric-powered vehicles

• Road Rule 203B has been added to specify that a driver of a vehicle that is not an electric-powered vehicle must not stop in a parking area for electric-powered vehicles.
  • The parking area for electric-powered vehicles will be designated by a sign displaying the following electric-powered vehicle symbol:
Plug electric car to charge

• Road Rule 203C has been added to specify that a driver must not stop in an area designated for the charging of electric-powered vehicles unless the driver’s vehicle is an electric-powered vehicle and the electric-powered vehicle is plugged in to an external source of electricity.
  • The charging area for electronic-powered vehicles will be designated by a sign displaying the following electric-powered vehicle charging symbol.
Charging electric car
Would be good to see police enforce this rule. Can you get a ticket for parking a ICE car in an EV spot?