Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Niagara Falls, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now listed on the app as opened.
208C911B-EC75-4398-8714-FAD6142FB96A.png

Yesterday not much speed at this location for my 2014 P85D. With only 110km in the battery left and driving for 2 hours, I only got 62 kW. I guess my car got charging severely throttled. Used to get at least 115 kW at this state of charge. This doubles cross country trips charging times as reported in other threads.

Yesterday not much speed at this location for my 2014 P85D. With only 110km in the battery left and driving for 2 hours, I only got 62 kW. I guess my car got charging severely throttled. Used to get at least 115 kW at this state of charge. This doubles cross country trips charging times as reported in other threads.

There seem to be a lot of factors that affect speeds. Don’t assume it’s throttled yet.
I’ve had really slow speeds when I thought they should be faster many times.

That being said, I did get 997kmh yesterday there. I was at about 30% charge, so not bad.

Welcome to the *club*. It's adding 90 minutes to my trips to Montreal. I'm very unhappy about it

Drove today to test the speed with my SR+

Arrived with 10% charge after 1.5hours of driving and full regen and warm battery. temp out side was 10C

Theoretical limit for SR+ is 170kW but got 158kW !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_152840.jpg
    IMG_20200411_152840.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 47
What’s your theory “MarcoRP” ?
Tesla's V3 Superchargers have been notorious in facing problems in the days or weeks following a new location's opening, such as malfunctioning hardware or low efficiency, as has been reported on the Trans-Canada stretch of V3. I'm sure that the installer has nothing to do with this "malfunction"