Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orangeburg, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Busy yesterday when we stopped. Going to need some more stops along I26.

Attachments

• 8B7F43CD-E5A6-4AFD-8990-7756FAC8B78F.jpeg
    8B7F43CD-E5A6-4AFD-8990-7756FAC8B78F.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 136
I found a photo on Facebook. Apparently there is construction and some sort of solar going in. I'm guessing a solar canopy? The post said it would be ready by Thanksgiving. I certainly hope so, as this route is busy and there aren't a lot of alternatives.
That would be very cool to have solar powered superchargers here in SC...usually only see that stuff out west.

• Informative
Reactions: 124chase and jsight
That's exciting. I hope they are finished before Thanksgiving but it doesn't look like they will be. I would love to use that unit on my way from Atlanta to Charleston. It isn't essential but it is convenient.
Considering how quickly they got that frame up and the first few panels on, I think they have a chance. I doubt it has to be turned on for them to turn the superchargers back on.

Reactions: PStewart
I charged at Orangeburg yesterday on the way back to Atlanta. The station was reporting "no more than 5 minute wait" but when I got there, there were only three cars charging and when I left (about 15 minutes later), only one other than me. I was very surprised at the basic lack of congestion for the Thanksgiving weekend. Teslas are all over the place in Charleston and Isle of Palms now. When I started going there 4 years ago, I could go and not see one on the entire trip! It really is a sea change.