Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orangeburg, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged here yesterday. No more construction tape around the inverters. The big inverter's screen is still blank, although it has green lights on. The little box's screen is showing what appears to be a setup or diagnostic screen. I don't know if it's using solar yet or not--maybe someone here can interpret that.

I posted pictures on a post over in the Superchargers Visited forum.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and ChrisC
Charged at Orangeburg today and it was very cool to see the solar panels up, what they’re connected to I have no idea.

IMG_6594.jpeg

Reactions: PStewart
Oh, they're definitely in series, but I think you are confusing numbers. Individual solar panels typically produce voltages in the 20-40V range. Stringing them together in series to get hundreds of volts is not only common but expected. You're probably thinking of 350 Watts from a single panel, which is typical for a new panel in 2023.

The only question here is how many series strings these panels are wired in. From the photos I eyeballed about 100 panels, so my guess is they are wiring in a handful of strings -- could be 3, could be 10. Maximum string voltage is 600V or 1000V, depending on Stuff.

Reactions: jsight
Oh, they're definitely in series, but I think you are confusing numbers. Individual solar panels typically produce voltages in the 20-40V range. Stringing them together in series to get hundreds of volts is not only common but expected. You're probably thinking of 350 Watts from a single panel, which is typical for a new panel in 2023.

The only question here is how many series strings these panels are wired in. From the photos I eyeballed about 100 panels, so my guess is they are wiring in a handful of strings -- could be 3, could be 10. Maximum string voltage is 600V or 1000V, depending on Stuff.
No, solaredge makes optimizers that input two panels in parallel and then that pair goes on the string in series.

Reactions: ChrisC