Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great photos!!!

Keep 'em coming!!

Where does that long trench lead to? Is there a Utility transformer over there behind the 24 hour Fitness fence. Does that feed power to yet a 2nd utility transformer closer tot the Distribution cabinets and superchargers...... then out to the pedestals?? Or hook up to some sort of main power feed? Anyone know?

Thanks for the pics RROSENBL! Can't wait to charge up there soon, when I come over the Grapevine to visit Ojai. Love the hard top MS. I have the Pearl white 60kw with the hard top being delivered in the next 2 weeks, I am so excited to drive up and down the state for free.

There are many extablishments where you can leave your cash behind!

I just realized they have a Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar & its closer then the Yard House :biggrin:
Flickr: LazyDogRestaurants' Photostream
598 Town Center Dr, Oxnard, CA 93036 - Google Maps

There are many extablishments where you can leave your cash behind!
My favorites are:
REI,
Whole Foods (has an astonishing selection of beers both bottled and on tap at the Airstream Bar in the store plus a large premade food dept.)
Five Guys burgers
Panera
Starbucks
Kabuki - OK sushi
Yard House!
Ben & Jerrys
a 16-theatre "Cineplex"
and more,
plus the place is <50% leased
here's a map of the area: http://thecollectionrp.com/shop/directory/

Last edited:
My wife & kids are gone all day tomorow at the LA Galaxy game (I tried, but I hate watching soccer unless my kids are playing) so battery is set for a max charge & I plan on leaving some cash at Lazy Dogs then heading down to Malibu then probably check out the "whackos" in Venice Beach & maybe stop by hawthorne for a quick charge.

Sounds like I might have to stop by Whole Foods, spending money out there & the Supercharger isn't open yet:eek:

Take and post a photo if the fencing has been taken down! Thanks.
Fence is still up & looks exactly like your pictures on 8-26.

Lazy dog is great, I like taking drives & charging at Buellton is so boring, now I just need Elon to finalize that auto pilot he's been teasing us with so I can really enjoy their beers & stop at Lazy dogs more often.

Went to Whole Foods & found 2 beers that were perfect for today since I was out for a drive on PCH, they probably taste awful but what the Hell...
IMG_0936.jpg
IMG_0937.jpg

Last edited:
Fence is still up & looks exactly like your pictures on 8-26.

Lazy dog is great, I like taking drives & charging at Buellton is so boring, now I just need Elon to finalize that auto pilot he's been teasing us with so I can really enjoy their beers & stop at Lazy dogs more often.

Went to Whole Foods & found 2 beers were perfect for today since I was out for a drive on PCH, they probably fast awful but what the Hell...
View attachment 58097View attachment 58098

lump, take a drive down to San Diego and take a tour of the Green Flash brewery

Two weeks since my last visit to the site / discussions with the contractor and fence still up, no action by Southern California Edison (installation of a transformer, connection to Supercharger), no Supercharger certification by Tesla, we cannot charge up in Oxnard.
As a public utility Southern California Edison is very disappointing! Without any form of public disclosure we can only assume the worst.

The California public utility commission website states:
"The CPUC[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] serves the public interest by protecting consumers and ensuring the provision of safe, reliable utility service and infrastructure at reasonable rates, [/FONT]with a commitment to environmental enhancement[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and a healthy California economy." (emphasis by me).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Technically I am not a Southern California Edison customer in Oxnard nor an electric utility customer in [/FONT]Indio[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], but I located an online complaint form:
[/FONT]https://appsssl.cpuc.ca.gov/cpucapplication/
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm considering filing a complaint to pressure the electric utility to get off their duff and power up the superchargers in Oxnard & [/FONT]Indio.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Thoughts?
[/FONT]

Progress!!

Not only are the fences down,

Southern California Edison is on site

and are completing the install of meters on the cabinet feeding power to the supercharger cabinets.

The technician said "the guys with the transformer are usually right behind me" (within 1-2 days).

I have pictures but can't upload them from this location...later.

Not only are the fences down,

Southern California Edison is on site

and are completing the install of meters on the cabinet feeding power to the supercharger cabinets.

The technician said "the guys with the transformer are usually right behind me" (within 1-2 days).

I have pictures but can't upload them from this location...later.

That's finally some real good news.