Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No change, No charge...

It is a beautiful supercharger station, but today it's still the same,
sans electricity with "cones of shame".

I'm disappointment because I expect to miss when the station goes live. I won't be back till next weekend.
I'd be astonished if Edison sat idle past Tuesday. Possibly the final action will be Tesla's, if so I'd expect them there Monday bright and early. But wait, I thought Tesla folks worked 7-days a week?!?

Here are some sunset pics of the beautiful virgin Oxnard Supercharger Station:
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Last edited:
Hallelujah! Great news.

Edit: Back in May 2013, the workers expanding Harris Ranch told me their next four stops were Atascadero, Buellton, Oxnard, and SJC. The last one of those being finished today shows how much logistics can delay things.

Thank you again Tesla! Yes, it's been a long time coming. We know you have been working on it. We (TMC members) are just really glad the Oxnard supercharger is finally operational. I'm sure YOU are too. So thanks again for making long distance travel effortless in the Tesla Model S by installing this supercharging site to you ever growing network of superchargers. Keep up the good work and here's wishing you lightening speed at getting the next several hundred Tesla Supercharging Sites up and operational!

In May 2013 the summer 2013 Supercharger map for North America was revealed. It then already had a red dot for Oxnard, CA. Now it's live, just a few days after the summer of 2014. The period inbetween was 16 months. They must have gained a lot of practical experience from this site during this period. And that must be a positive side-effect. But anyhow, it's good to see that the Tesla Supercharger network is steadily expanding.

In May 2013 the summer 2013 Supercharger map for North America was revealed. It then already had a red dot for Oxnard, CA. Now it's live, just a few days after the summer of 2014. The period inbetween was 16 months. They must have gained a lot of practical experience from this site during this period. And that must be a positive side-effect. But anyhow, it's good to see that the Tesla Supercharger network is steadily expanding.

When my Model S was delivered in April of 2013, there were exactly 6 Superchargers. That was 18 months ago. Now there are 114 in the USA. That's pretty good expansion by anybody's measure!