Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Philadelphia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well some encouraging news.. there is a new sueprcharger right outside of Philadelphia in Brandywine, DE (Claymont) which is basically as close to the Pennsylvania/Philadelphia area border as you can possibly get whilst still being in Delaware.

It’s all but conclusively indictative of PECO’s lack of willingness and/or grid capability to get a Philadelphia Supercharger up and running.

I have to add that I’ve been an active commercial and residential real estate developer in the area for about 10 years and DELMARVA Power is just about as incompentent as utilities come - so the fact that it’s apparently easier for Tesla to work with DELMARVA to build Supercharger locations leaves me incredulous.

Shame on PECO..

Yes, great news on this new supercharger on Naamans Road just off I95 (rear right corner of the Wawa), however, it is an absolute nightmare to get in and out of during busy times. The Wawa was constructed with no access from Naaman's road and two rear entrances into the parking lot. I was there last week around 2 pm and I could barely get into a spot because the traffic going in and out was so dense. Luckily some nice driver let me back into a spot, and after 30 mins of Supercharging, it took me another 25 minutes to get out of the charging space and the parking lot.

Any info on the other 2018 Philly area superchargers?

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Yes, great news on this new supercharger on Naamans Road just off I95 (rear right corner of the Wawa), however, it is an absolute nightmare to get in and out of during busy times. The Wawa was constructed with no access from Naaman's road and two rear entrances into the parking lot. I was there last week around 2 pm and I could barely get into a spot because the traffic going in and out was so dense. Luckily some nice driver let me back into a spot, and after 30 mins of Supercharging, it took me another 25 minutes to get out of the charging space and the parking lot.

Any info on the other 2018 Philly area superchargers?
I agree getting out of there is a nightmare. Worse than leaving a concert.

WOW - We have traveled >15K miles (route attached) this summer and Philly is the ONLY place that gave us range anxiety! We had to go >1 hour out-of-the way though crap traffic to a destination charger just to get out of Philly. I had to use my mobile charging cord only once and it was in Philly parking garage. I had to pay for a charge only once and it was near Philly (Valley Forge Nat Park). Its like there is a political blockade or some bad Tesla blood feud going on.

View attachment 321741

It's because Elon Musk graduated from University of Pennsylvania, and has been mad at Philly ever since. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
Just found this on reddit!
[Charging] Tesla Supercharger station spotted in Philly!

Seems like an urban charging station at a garage on 20th and Hamilton

Selfishly hope Plymouth Meeting is next area one to go under construction !

From reddit "
Seen at Rodin Place near Fairmount inside the old Whole Foods parking garage. 10 bays for charging with the new charger design. For one hour parking at the garage is $5. Has anyone seen paid for access Superchargers like this before?
One other picture of the sign outside the garage at link below.
Road To Tesla on Instagram: “Philly Superchargers spotted!!! #philadelphia #teslamotors #supercharging #elonmusk #Fairmount”

20th and Hamilton in the old Whole Foods parking garage. Right next door to the Target!"

Selfishly hope Plymouth Meeting is next area one to go under construction !

From reddit "
Seen at Rodin Place near Fairmount inside the old Whole Foods parking garage. 10 bays for charging with the new charger design. For one hour parking at the garage is $5. Has anyone seen paid for access Superchargers like this before?
One other picture of the sign outside the garage at link below.
Road To Tesla on Instagram: “Philly Superchargers spotted!!! #philadelphia #teslamotors #supercharging #elonmusk #Fairmount”

20th and Hamilton in the old Whole Foods parking garage. Right next door to the Target!"
When someone has more details, start a thread for the location and @ blueshift.

When someone has more details, start a thread for the location and @ blueshift.
There is already a good title and this is the only Supercharger in Philly. I’d keep it here.
Photo of the Superchargers on Reddit
8ECCC96A-B70B-487A-95E4-E8114D8E1733.jpeg

All,
The chargers are not powered up yet and likely won't be until next week. Let's do a ribbon cutting Sunday the 30th at 10am.
This is such GREAT NEWS for CC Tesla owners, ESPECIALLY for those who don't have daily charger access. I'm OK with the Parking fee if it is indeed $5/hr or 1st hr. Since we frequent AC a lot the Supercharger right outside AC in Egg harbor Township has been our goto supercharger. Also since I have family in NY/Long Island area we use the Supercharger in Woodbridge NJ often (Actually my parents live less than 1 mile from a Supercharger on LI!). The Supercharger in Cranberry,NJ is especially convenient for those CC residents who frequent NYC area since it's located right off the new I95/NJ Turnpike connector on rt 130 in Florence,NJ. When I visited the SC in Cherry Hill,NJ they said it looks like the plans for the Cherry Hill Supercharger have been finalized and that should be coming on line shortly. The Cherry Hill SC does have Destination Chargers located in their parking lot but they are frequently in use,especially after hours when they Charge up the demo cars. I'm rarely in the Western suburbs of Philly so I have no comments on charger availability (HATE going to KOP!!!)

I recently used the chargers at the New East Market Development Garage where a $4 purchase at Mom's Organic Market gives you 2 hours free parking. Had lunch in the new at the new Iron Hill Brewery and the food was good there.

I'm still curious if Electrify America will be coming to South Philly either to the Walmart or Target parking lots. But with the new Supercharger it's really a moot point!

This is such GREAT NEWS for CC Tesla owners, ESPECIALLY for those who don't have daily charger access. I'm OK with the Parking fee if it is indeed $5/hr or 1st hr. Since we frequent AC a lot the Supercharger right outside AC in Egg harbor Township has been our goto supercharger. Also since I have family in NY/Long Island area we use the Supercharger in Woodbridge NJ often (Actually my parents live less than 1 mile from a Supercharger on LI!). The Supercharger in Cranberry,NJ is especially convenient for those CC residents who frequent NYC area since it's located right off the new I95/NJ Turnpike connector on rt 130 in Florence,NJ. When I visited the SC in Cherry Hill,NJ they said it looks like the plans for the Cherry Hill Supercharger have been finalized and that should be coming on line shortly. The Cherry Hill SC does have Destination Chargers located in their parking lot but they are frequently in use,especially after hours when they Charge up the demo cars. I'm rarely in the Western suburbs of Philly so I have no comments on charger availability (HATE going to KOP!!!)

I recently used the chargers at the New East Market Development Garage where a $4 purchase at Mom's Organic Market gives you 2 hours free parking. Had lunch in the new at the new Iron Hill Brewery and the food was good there.

I'm still curious if Electrify America will be coming to South Philly either to the Walmart or Target parking lots. But with the new Supercharger it's really a moot point!
What is a "CC Tesla owner"?