Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Philadelphia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my first to 20th St SC

this note is applied to each unit. beware!

IMG_6552.JPG

So frustrating to try and use this location with its limited hours and other issues! I was just there, running a little low and was hoping to supercharge while shopping at the Whole Foods a block away. But, the ticket machine to enter was in the fritz and unable to dispense tickets, so no one is able to enter the lot. This was today (Sunday, October 4, 2020) at 9 AM.

So frustrating to try and use this location with its limited hours and other issues! I was just there, running a little low and was hoping to supercharge while shopping at the Whole Foods a block away. But, the ticket machine to enter was in the fritz and unable to dispense tickets, so no one is able to enter the lot. This was today (Sunday, October 4, 2020) at 9 AM.
I agree - this location has so many issues that it’s complicated to depend on it.
The supercharger in city center is under the MOM’s organic market (basically the same thing as Whole Foods) and is free if you spent $8 at the market. Just ask to have your parking ticket validated.

You would be better off charging outside of Philadelphia, Superchargers in the city suck. It will remain that way for a number of years.
When restaurants, ball parks, museums make charging available things will start to change. Their are garages that have 220 charge ports
but, most are not generally known. You find them by dumb luck.

Tesla should have installed a supercharge along Delaware Ave by Ikea, that would be better then the chargers that are their now.

Just adding to this form, the supercharger in penrose ave wawa area is so bad. They need to add more chargers because it’s always a line in philly. The other charger in church st or whatever on i95 is better, less wait. Also people are pretty salty at the penrose chargers …. Philly needs more chargers . Luckily I live closer to the kop charger

Just adding to this form, the supercharger in penrose ave wawa area is so bad. They need to add more chargers because it’s always a line in philly. The other charger in church st or whatever on i95 is better, less wait. Also people are pretty salty at the penrose chargers …. Philly needs more chargers . Luckily I live closer to the kop charger
Would you say those Penrose users are Hertz/Uber drivers? My guess is that's what's clogging them up. The other Philly chargers are in paid parking garages so the Ubers aren't going to use those for obvious reasons. And I'm guessing most Hertz/Uber drivers don't have charging provisions at home so they rely 100% on Superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel