Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Phoenix, AZ - North 19th Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 20221115_090940.jpg
    20221115_090940.jpg
    996.6 KB · Views: 120
Wow, 10am-7pm ….. that is SPENDY! Glad my 2016 S90 has unlimited free supercharging!!!
Wowza, is that how much it costs to charge? I have free supercharging with my MX... it seems a used MX with free SC is cheaper to buy used than a M3 or MY. Also, what rate does Tesla pay for electricity? I'm going to guess that most owners are charging at home 10a-4p weekdays at $0.032/kwh super-off-peak?

Back on topic for this SC - seems it was only 5-6 weeks from announcement to opening?

Update: These superchargers are completely ripped out. Tesla map shows this as a "temporary closure". I was down here last weekend actually using the chargepoint L2's with my Rivian while we took the light rail in to see a baseball game - those units are right next to where the supercharger was. I had only charged here once previously with the Tesla...I'm unsure why they decided to rip this one out. Upgrade to V4 maybe?

• Informative
Reactions: corywright
Update: These superchargers are completely ripped out. Tesla map shows this as a "temporary closure". I was down here last weekend actually using the chargepoint L2's with my Rivian while we took the light rail in to see a baseball game - those units are right next to where the supercharger was. I had only charged here once previously with the Tesla...I'm unsure why they decided to rip this one out. Upgrade to V4 maybe?
Wow, I never even got to see them!

Pics would help. This sounds just like the Stapley site, which is still down after months. A working, pretty new, V3 site suddenly ripped out, new trenching & conduit and V4 stalls coming. But very slowly. And without warning.

It's just so odd to rip out V3 when old V2 stalls are left in places like Kingman. Since V4 dispensers have always been mounted to V3 transformers, it's even more mysterious. Either the original installations were done incorrectly, or the infrastructure is being upgraded to actual V4 transformers, or?

I took more pics, but I'm not sure they tell us anything new. The cabinet looks to be the same 250kw cabinet from the V3 days, which is typical. It looks like the old stalls were ripped out and new ones put in with just relocation of the dispensers leading to digging and concrete. There is a deep hole on one end showing some conduit, and none of the 'Tesla only' signs are up. The old signs are piled on the ground. There is a light pole (with a Tesla sign on it) also lying on the ground, so those items need to be replaced/reinstalled.

Incidentally, the Chargepoint chargers next to the bank of SC's (on the other side of the dumpster) are not only working, but they are FREE for the first two hours. J1772 connector. After two hours it's $2/hour. It says 'Price set by Target Corporation', so go shop at Target while plugged in here.