Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^^^and...the hurricane has been gone for days now?

Since no one has received an official confirmation I draw no concrete conclusion.
Well there was a tropical storm warning for the outer banks as recently as last night, so it's possible that they will shut it down now that that one is gone. Or maybe they talked them into leaving it on until the end of this hurricane season with the idea being to have a new one ready by next June.

Well there was a tropical storm warning for the outer banks as recently as last night, so it's possible that they will shut it down now that that one is gone. Or maybe they talked them into leaving it on until the end of this hurricane season with the idea being to have a new one ready by next June.

FWIW: I live here and you are in Seattle.....this last storm was a non-issue except for OB.

Warsaw's location has no connection to Outer Banks (which is supported by Plymouth and Rocky Mount SCs) & which is quite a distance away....Warsaw supports Wilmington area beach locations and was a great location to get to Triangle and back.

I think more likely either a resource dismantling issue or a delay until Raleigh is up and running. Having charged here many times, unfortunately, this site was not optimal from a security standpoint.

Yep..if you weren't such a smart ass from the start I would have let it go...as the "expert" I guess you'll go straight from the OB to Warsaw to charge.:p
How was I a smart ass?

Your post was basically "you're from Seattle and you don't know anything."

I'm obviously aware of the geography, but to think that Tesla or anyone would only want one path out in a case of natural disaster is just silly. When all the stalls at Plymouth and Rocky Mount are full with a 4 hour wait, people that started with a full charge would be happy that Warsaw is still open. Also, when this decision was originally made was back when there was fear that Irma would go up the coast. There's obviously the possibility that a hurricane could hit some part of NC other than the Outer Banks.

Last edited:
The Supercharger in Columbia, SC is in a bad spot also. The hotel that it is in has allowed the chargers to get completely ICED several times and Tesla has told many people that they are already looking for a different location for that one.
This was not our experience at all. No ice-ing in the charging spots, and a VERY aware staff regarding the supercharger. In fact, the staff was so nice, I will literally never not stay at a HI Garden Express if I have a choice in the future.

I recently charged at Warsaw three different times this week making a trip to/from Topsail twice. Didn't really need a charge but wanted to see if it still worked and I like to get coffee at McD's. I noticed that when I select charging stations on Nav map Warsaw shows up but is not in the drop down list. I could still tap it and navigate to it.

I successfully charged at Warsaw on Saturday (11/18). Interesting thing happened while I was charging: three times it just stopped charging, then restarted by itself. Not sure what was going on. I hope Tesla gets this fixed or moved to a new location soon.

20171118_122145.jpg

Reactions: GaryW