Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quincy, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These circuit breakers are very expensive. From Grainger:

CA67BECC-957B-4BC0-AAF4-E8DB62A83D21.jpeg

6320F373-3158-4915-96C9-60B610E3BFEC.jpeg

Indeed. It's also worth noting that I was logged into my account for the screenshots above (20% discount). Their rack rate for that last breaker is $12,000!

Sorry for off topic chatter, but do you know how someone who stole one would get any value from it? Seems like nobody that needs an industrial breaker would buy a used one from some tweaker. Do they contain recoverable materials?

Reactions: Mrbrock
Confirmed Quincy SP operational today.
If you confirmed by charging, were you charged for the session? I charged here on Friday and didn’t pay any attention but when I noticed right before I charged today at Moses Lake it said my last paid charging session was at Moses Lake back in October. Haven’t looked deeperminto the account but thought I’d see if anyone else noticed anything.

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
If you confirmed by charging, were you charged for the session? I charged here on Friday and didn’t pay any attention but when I noticed right before I charged today at Moses Lake it said my last paid charging session was at Moses Lake back in October. Haven’t looked deeperminto the account but thought I’d see if anyone else noticed anything.
Sorry, can’t help you there. Free supercharging for life with my 2015 S70D.:cool:

This is great, I hope that they add some on the other side of the state too. I guess putting two of them so close together means there was an easier training or maintenance process. I want one them in the Seattle area. It's my understanding it's an easy adaptation and just needs a software update. But I don't know for sure. They would increase users for any of these they convert this way, I wonder what the thinking is.

I'd love to convert the s.c. in Leavenworth, WA because the tesla chargers there are within walking distance to downtown restaurants. The EA chargers there are at that grocery story (Safeway?) and too far to walk to all those bars and restaurants.

Like a fair number of other tesla owners, I also have a rivian, I've already run into broken ea chargers.

Reactions: Anthony R.
This is great, I hope that they add some on the other side of the state too. I guess putting two of them so close together means there was an easier training or maintenance process. I want one them in the Seattle area. It's my understanding it's an easy adaptation and just needs a software update. But I don't know for sure. They would increase users for any of these they convert this way, I wonder what the thinking is.

I'd love to convert the s.c. in Leavenworth, WA because the tesla chargers there are within walking distance to downtown restaurants. The EA chargers there are at that grocery story (Safeway?) and too far to walk to all those bars and restaurants.

Like a fair number of other tesla owners, I also have a rivian, I've already run into broken ea chargers.
OG Leavenworth is V2, no magic dock. The new site north of town would be magic dock compatible. I wonder if Entiat is next. Or V3 Ellensburg, V3 Clem Elum, North Bend, etc. doing the I90 corridor.

….snip…..They would increase users for any of these they convert this way, I wonder what the thinking is……snip……
I will guess that Quincy/George/Moses Lake are very low use SCs and therefore are excellent choices (for Tesla to increase revenue without impacting availability). I’ve been to all of these and they are mostly always unused and certainly less desirable (at gas station and grocery store) than others like Ellensburg or Ritzville (Starbucks, fast food). My next guess for the MagicDock would be Entiat and Tokio/Sprague (again, gas station with little other amenities). SCs near populated areas, especially near Tacoma-Seattle-Everett would probably be a mistake at this point in time. Every time I’ve charged “over there” the stations have been close to full. However, the “best” locations, Tesla-wise, would be SCs at showrooms like Liberty Lake, and Vancouver. These would serve as additional selling/marketing to non-Tesla owners. I can’t speak to the larger metro area ones like Seattle, Portland, Bellevue since those were very busy even years ago, so I stay away. Probably too busy to justify having non-Tesla EVs adding to the charging burden (again, just a guess).

Not only are they low usage superchargers, but they're really bad holes in the CCS network. Driving from Seattle to Spokane you really have to stop in Ellensburg and there's a really small EA charger that's often full in that location.

The next v3 location that Tesla really trounces the CSS network is out in Forks. That location can get busy on travel days, but it's the only level 3 charger of any kind on the 163 mile drive from Port Angeles EA charger to the Aberdeen RAN or EA charger. Add in a trip to any two common destinations like Hoh rainforest, Rialto beach, Cape Flattery, etc. and you're closer to 250 miles between level 3 charges.