Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rock Springs, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to remember seeing somewhere 13 weeks is expedited while 26 weeks is standard time from start to finish. I keep watching for other locations on 80. And not sure if could make it from here to Jackson. How much does AC impact range. Don't ranges increase in summer over published range for battery

Yes, I get more range in the summer, on a full charge I see about a gain of 20 miles with no AC. Also if you go 55mph vs 65mph you can squeeze a good 15 to 20 miles more range depending on how windy it is. That being said, the wind and hills can kill your range as much as half rated if you are to 80mph with high winds.

Yes, I get more range in the summer, on a full charge I see about a gain of 20 miles with no AC. Also if you go 55mph vs 65mph you can squeeze a good 15 to 20 miles more range depending on how windy it is. That being said, the wind and hills can kill your range as much as half rated if you are to 80mph with high winds.
Yep. I am truly impressed at the large difference in energy consumption between 75 and 80 mph. In my 70D I can make it between high country superchargers at 75 mph.....but not at 80 mph. The steeply increasing curve on the wind resistance graph (speed vs. energy consumption) tells the tale.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Yep. I am truly impressed at the large difference in energy consumption between 75 and 80 mph. In my 70D I can make it between high country superchargers at 75 mph.....but not at 80 mph. The steeply increasing curve on the wind resistance graph (speed vs. energy consumption) tells the tale.

yep... 75^2= 5625; 80^2= 6400 so going 6% faster uses ~13% more energy.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
from tesla today...

Thank you for your email. Our Developer Team is actively working to build Supercharger Stations across Interstate 80 in the cities of Evanston, Rock Springs, Rawlins, and Laramie. Although we are still in the early phases of deployment, we certainly understand the need to complete charging along this route. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open these site as quickly as we can.

from tesla today...

Thank you for your email. Our Developer Team is actively working to build Supercharger Stations across Interstate 80 in the cities of Evanston, Rock Springs, Rawlins, and Laramie. Although we are still in the early phases of deployment, we certainly understand the need to complete charging along this route. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open these site as quickly as we can.
Thanks! I was thinking about emailing again here soon myself!

from tesla today...

I feel like checking "Informative" isn't enough. Although the locations were somewhat obvious, that's 3 additional hunting grounds. After all of those towns have Superchargers the biggest gap between Salt Lack City, UT and Cheyenne, WY would be Rock Springs, WY to Rawlins, WY at about 115 miles.

That sounds like Wyoming really will be completed this year. Ogallala to Cheyenne is still a bit long at 167 miles, so they may be looking for one in the middle there. Then they just need a few in Pennsylvania to complete I-80. I'm optimistic that they plan to do all of that this year.

Reactions: BagheeraNY
That sounds like Wyoming really will be completed this year. Ogallala to Cheyenne is still a bit long at 167 miles, so they may be looking for one in the middle there. Then they just need a few in Pennsylvania to complete I-80. I'm optimistic that they plan to do all of that this year.
Today's updated Supercharger map looks pretty amazing. Hopefully the I-80 route will be complete within the next year or so!

Reactions: Piney999