Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sammamish, WA (LIVE 12 Mar 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as government funding, the requirements are pretty strict and require more than just CCS. Screens, physical payment, etc. so Tesla might be just moving forward with planned development and not worrying about government funding at this time.
No way they'd be going to the hassle (not to mention imposing upon themselves and their customers the parking nightmares involved with trying to position any given car's charging port within reach of the Supercharger dispenser's "length" of cable) if there weren't gobs of government money on the line; a single kiosk per location would meet the requirements (but staffing a 24/7 call center? 🤣).

Reactions: dss33
No way they'd be going to the hassle (not to mention imposing upon themselves and their customers the parking nightmares involved with trying to position any given car's charging port within reach of the Supercharger dispenser's "length" of cable) if there weren't gobs of government money on the line; a single kiosk per location would meet the requirements (but staffing a 24/7 call center? 🤣).
Completely agree.

Got a few minutes today to look around and get a few photos. I was surprised at the amount of construction involved, which seems to be due to where they decided to locate the pedestals. There's a trench from the pedestals to a huge hole in the middle of the lot - see the photo with the conduit sticking up. Then a trench from the middle continues across to the edge of the lot, which is presumably where the power is going to come from. I believe the Tesla cabinets and transformer are going to go placed in an island in the middle of the lot, where the conduit comes up (I found an email printout which seems to indicate this to be the case!).

Attachments

• 20230212_200054519_iOS.jpg
    20230212_200054519_iOS.jpg
    921.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 20230212_200234648_iOS.jpg
    20230212_200234648_iOS.jpg
    955.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 20230212_200412233_iOS.jpg
    20230212_200412233_iOS.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: goneskiian
Welp - I wasn't too far off in my CCS assumptions.

Wonder how hard it's gonna be to retrofit these to already existing stations... my sister drives an ID.4, and would love for the superchargers in Montana to open up - would make her runs to there from Washington a lot easier.

Wonder how hard it's gonna be to retrofit these to already existing stations... my sister drives an ID.4, and would love for the superchargers in Montana to open up - would make her runs to there from Washington a lot easier.
Considering Tesla just retrofitted an entire site in a day, I’d say this isn’t going to be that difficult to roll out.

Doesn’t look like Tesla will be retrofitting V2 supercharger sites. So the only Montana sites that will get magic dock are Great Falls, Helena, Glendive, and Miles City. None in Western Montana at this time sadly.
From a psuedo-selfish perspective, that's okay, as Helena is my sister's end destination for her runs into Montana anyway. If that one were to be retrofitted, between it and the EA charger in Missoula, she would be more than set.

From a psuedo-selfish perspective, that's okay, as Helena is my sister's end destination for her runs into Montana anyway. If that one were to be retrofitted, between it and the EA charger in Missoula, she would be more than set.
Honestly, with the EA in Missoula, Butte, Billings and soon to be Bozeman. I-90 is pretty well covered. Great Falls has an EA going in but its live date is majority TBD and Helena seems to be one of the last places to get love. The Helena supercharger also doesn’t get much traffic. So it’s an excellent spot to get the magic dock.

Doesn’t look like Tesla will be retrofitting V2 supercharger sites. So the only Montana sites that will get magic dock are Great Falls, Helena, Glendive, and Miles City. None in Western Montana at this time sadly.
I wonder if maybe the V2 cabinets do not have the signaling circuitry capacity for releasing the dock. The cabinet internals are quite different since the V3 circuitry is different than V2.