Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Angelo, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Under construction, next to Newk’s.

IMG_2082.png

Holy cow that was fast. Some of these sites stay permitted for months with no activity and then ones like this and Clyde go under construction relatively quickly.
The supercharger deployment team has most likely been revamped, or given extra attention in the past 6 months. With rolling out access to other cars they know they need to get these installed ASAP.

Also from that SanAngeloLive article

H-E-B says they are committed to increasing the accessibility of these chargers with a plan to install chargers to an additional 40 stores by 2025. They are currently working with a variety of suppliers to determine the next installations, so that EV drivers never have to worry about your range.

Wow - 40 more stores by 2025, that’s impressive!

I saw a post about this site from one of the local news stations and the comments were so ignorant and ill-informed about EVs lol
Hopefully this location being here will increase visibility to EVs and curb some of the negativity.
LMFAO...wow. Nothing gives me less hope for the future of humanity than looking at facebook comments on an article from a local news station. How can these morons seriously believe that diesel generators are powering the supercharge behind a fence! But shouldn't that make them totally OK with it anyhow?!

I stopped by the site on 18 July and talked with the construction crew and engineer. They told me that the site was probably about a month away from being complete and ready for power. As of that day, they were still waiting for the transformer to arrive and then would need to connect to the power pole that is a short distance away.

I'm hoping this site is ready for use by Sep 1.

I drove by the site on July 27 and snapped these pictures. It looks like they've completed as much work as the can until the transformer (or whatever piece of equipment is missing) to arrive. They already have conduit ran from the electrical hook up to the pad. Fingers crossed this means once the last piece of the supercharging station arrives that it wont take too long to turn on.

PXL_20230727_200037477 - Copy.jpg
PXL_20230727_200155794 - Copy.jpg