Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that SA needs a lot more SC. Just looking at a map, it's obvious. However, last weekend was an exception with Good Friday-Easter, which traditionally is a heavily travelled time of the year. I was planning to go to Longview, and was dreading the traffic and potential SC lines. But I got lucky and plans were cancelled...

I know there are a lot of SCs opening in Austin, but San Antonio is jammed. I was there Saturday and had to wait 15 minutes and there were three cars behind me. All stalls were working, but of course, these are older V2 chargers, so speeds are cut in half by your neighbor. I don’t think many were locals (I wasn’t) and I saw a lot of out-of-stare license plates.

They desperately need to find a location in downtown San Antonio to provide an option for the tourists visiting the Riverwalk area and also relieve pressure on residents.

Reactions: CarlS and kavyboy
I know there are a lot of SCs opening in Austin, but San Antonio is jammed. I was there Saturday and had to wait 15 minutes and there were three cars behind me. All stalls were working, but of course, these are older V2 chargers, so speeds are cut in half by your neighbor. I don’t think many were locals (I wasn’t) and I saw a lot of out-of-stare license plates.
I will be in town on Sunday for up to a month, I was planning on using this as my primary source of charging but reading this has me worried... Thankfully I was able to rent an AirBNB that advertises an EV Charger in the garage so I think I should be ok, if not late night charges at the SC :p