Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped by. Looks like they are all completed. The attendant said that they expect the supercharger to go live at the end of June. I asked him about TESLA access and he said he was under the impression that we would still have to pay the parking rate of two dollars per hour while we were charging .

Just stopped by. Looks like they are all completed. The attendant said that they expect the supercharger to go live at the end of June. I asked him about TESLA access and he said he was under the impression that we would still have to pay the parking rate of two dollars per hour while we were charging .

Thanks for the update. Let's hope the attendant is wrong. The Superchargers are on the lower level with entrance from the closed garage door on "A" street. The attendant is on the upper level entrance from 6th Ave. The ramp on the right is for EXIT only.

Also, six weeks seems like a long time to wait when all the work on the Supercharger is done. It may be like Athens, GA, where with no fanfare or announcement the Supercharger is open for charging but still shows incomplete on the Tesla website.

I still think for this thing to work a keypad for opening the garage door needs to be installed with the code showing on the GPS in the car, just like Kettleman City, CA supercharger lounge.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
There are other pay parking superchargers. Given the location, I don't think $2/hr seems unreasonable. The bigger issue is afterhours and weekend access. I expect they will work something out in that regard.
It is not about willingness to pay, it is about access. The ramp from the upper level "Pay" entrance is for parking in the upper level. To access the lower level, where the Supercharger is located, requires you to enter from a perpendicular street through a Garage Door entrance that monthly permit holders enter through. There is no Attendant at that door to collect money. jmho

I noticed that these are ‘Urban’ chargers and not superchargers

Attachments

• 5A203BA5-D286-4D53-B383-91B7D594DF89.jpeg
    5A203BA5-D286-4D53-B383-91B7D594DF89.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Informative
Reactions: trace
Is there still a grey marker for us plebes down here in Chula Vista?

And to get back on the topic of this thread, it's been a few weeks now and the downtown superchargers haven't opened yet. Has something happened to cause them to be stillborn?

I don't know why I'm so grumpy about the supercharger situation in SD, it's not as if I even use the one at Qualcomm, and I have an HPWC at home, and a 240V outlet also.

And to get back on the topic of this thread, it's been a few weeks now and the downtown superchargers haven't opened yet. Has something happened to cause them to be stillborn?
Now that Tesla’s work building this new Supercharger appears to have been completed, the electric utility has to complete their work and then the project needs a final inspection and sign off by the city.

It will open, Patience, young Jedi...

I plugged into one of those Urban Superchargers in Glendale, CA on a roadtrip home from Paso Robles yesterday and have to say I really didn’t like the 70kw charge speed. The Glendale Supercharger garage structure provides free parking for the first hour but it was going to take me well over an hour to top off the MX 100D. Hope they make this downtown SD supercharger free for the first 90 minutes.