Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just there around 8. I pulled into the A street entrance and couldn't figure out how to get in, so I had to admit defeat and back out into A street when the light was red.

That's too bad, guessing the onsite security tonight wasn't informed to leave the gate open. I have a working relationship with the owners of the building (Emmes / UC Regents) as well as Ace Parking so I'll reach out to management to find out what the go-forward plans are for supercharger users (validations, hours, access) and report back here if anything is learned.

946C3C4D-DC9F-4626-893E-98D3EB1CBDBB.jpeg
Confirmed can charge this way ;)...get car washed ..get free valet ..just a few bucks more than paying for one hour parking :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: avesraggiana
EF1962C6-0A56-46BD-B0F6-0C5AD451C6A9.jpeg
Mostly empty. Charge time is same as Qualcomm... maybe a bit faster.

Car wash guy validates 2hr parking with a $30 wash. So $30 for parking, full charge, and wash. Not bad...

Side note: really sketchy that so many cars use the A street entrance and come flying by the superchargers to get to upper level parking.... one car had to stop.. reverse and try again as to not hit my car on the left side of image....

Last edited:
To make things worse, I left the garage to get dinner after I plugged in. There's no way to get back in to retrieve your car. I had a paper ticket, but all the doors and gates are locked and there's no access control or guards. I had to sit by the door until a monthly Parker came by and opened it, then I had to ninja in and not act like a weirdo.

Not an awesome experience.

To make things worse, I left the garage to get dinner after I plugged in. There's no way to get back in to retrieve your car. I had a paper ticket, but all the doors and gates are locked and there's no access control or guards. I had to sit by the door until a monthly Parker came by and opened it, then I had to ninja in and not act like a weirdo.

Not an awesome experience.

I think it’s worth reporting your experience to Tesla if you haven’t already.

Just went by again and managed to sneak in as a monthly parker was leaving.

No idea why the gates are down and there’s a sign saying “full: monthly only” as the entire garage is 98% empty.

The ONLY (proper) way of getting to the Superchagers located on P1 is from the entrance on A street.

The 6th ave entrance takes you into P2. To get down to P1 you have to go the wrong way down a one way drive (which I just did). No problem if it’s super late, but definitely not reccomended during the day for the obvious reasons, plus the fact the spacers are angled opposite the way you’d be coming down.

Frankly, the entire setup of the spaces suck, but it’s another Supercharger in SD so I won’t complain too much.

Again, enter from A street entrance to make your life exponentially easier.

Like someone else said before, the reported numbers of chargers in use is 100% inaccurate. I pulled up when it said 8 out of 16 available— not a single person is here. After being plugged in for a while it still says 8/16 available.

Also, be sure to back ALL the way in as the driveway is super narrow.

In addition to the Superchargers, there are two Tesla HPWC.

2D6F2FED-DB77-4FD7-A32A-A3C2886FED97.jpeg
C3CA801B-C6EA-4C16-9D0E-7CCA9C59C425.jpeg

BFC75BA0-0CA1-4C7A-8CEF-56561D94C526.jpeg

Last edited:
The ONLY (proper) way of getting to the Superchagers located on P1 is from the entrance on A street. The 6th ave entrance takes you into P2. To get down to P1 you have to go the wrong way down a one way drive (which I just did). No problem if it’s super late, but definitely not reccomended during the day for the obvious reasons, plus the fact the spacers are angled opposite the way you’d be
Thanks for posting that very useful information.

For those using the car nav to get to this Supercharger, does it route you to the A Street entrance?

I tried to post a screen cap of Google Street View showing the A Street entrance but can’t get the image to upload.