Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Busy at 230p today (Friday).. All seven stalls occupied and teo waiting. The folks waiting only had to wait about 7 minutes until 4 stalls opened up.

Tried to capture a picture with all the cars hooked up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401486687613.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401486687613.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 785
Sweet. Businesses are starting to put Superchargers in, to attract Tesla drivers, who typically have a lot of money to spend!

This increases the number of Tesla charging ports around the place.

Later, when average-spending folks can afford Tesla cars, everyone will benefit from the increased traffic and charging infrastructure.

I would not be surprised if I read that Target or Walmart does a deal with Tesla to install Superchargers in all their parking lots.

I would consider it. Any time a business makes the right choice in support of EVs by installing chargers, I think it's a cause for celebration. And these are not just any chargers, they're Superchargers!

I wouldn't use that bank. It might only take you 20 minutes to agree to agree a loan, but then it'll take 6 months for the bank to complete the legal paperwork.

Itsnotaboutthemoney was making a joke about how Union Bank's lawyers dragged out the easement for a long time after bank management had given the go ahead to Tesla. It really was bad management when you let the lawyers take over with no check on their BS.

How is the volume at SJC? Still pretty swamped, less during the week or certain times of day? I'm planning my periodic day trip from LA to SD and trying to plan how much extra time to allow for the recharge. . . Thanks, all. This has been the most informative thread!!

How is the volume at SJC? Still pretty swamped, less during the week or certain times of day? I'm planning my periodic day trip from LA to SD and trying to plan how much extra time to allow for the recharge. . . Thanks, all. This has been the most informative thread!!

I have been there 6 times in the past two weeks and never had an issue getting a spot. In at least half of the cases I get a spot that's not presently being split. I had 4A twice, which is nice. I've never seen anyone waiting.

I'm generally there early AM and mid to late afternoon or early evening. 8-10AM and 3-6:30PM.

I have been there 6 times in the past two weeks and never had an issue getting a spot. In at least half of the cases I get a spot that's not presently being split. I had 4A twice, which is nice. I've never seen anyone waiting.

I'm generally there early AM and mid to late afternoon or early evening. 8-10AM and 3-6:30PM.

Wow - according to a thread in the Tesla Motors Forums, SJC is already the third busiest Supercharger (as measured by energy delivered). Very consistent with the "lots of cars here" comments. So glad this level of activity hasn't caused a real jam at the site. Many thanks.

I was there today (Thursday) at 2:00. With my car, all 7 slots were full for five minutes until someone left. I'm amazed at how busy it is. Thursday at 2:00?? So far haven't heard about any significant waiting times, but sounds like we are on the edge...

How do you know which is charger 4a? I haven't been there yet, but plan to in a few months.

How do you know which is charger 4a? I haven't been there yet, but plan to in a few months.

There's a label on each one. On that note, I was there Wednesday and Thursday, around 4PM both times, and didn't have trouble getting an unused pairing either time. Wednesday there was one other car, and Thursday there were 3 others. Each time, a few more showed up while I was charging (with others leaving), but it was never full.

There's a label on each one. On that note, I was there Wednesday and Thursday, around 4PM both times, and didn't have trouble getting an unused pairing either time. Wednesday there was one other car, and Thursday there were 3 others. Each time, a few more showed up while I was charging (with others leaving), but it was never full.

4PM is not exactly the rush hour for charging. Check back again on a weekend. Yikes!

There is a "4a" label on the bottom crossbeam of the charger.

Hit this site for the first time last night around 8:30pm. 3b and 4a were open but that was it. Having read this site, I snagged 4a, which started off at 300 amps and 320 mph charging, although it finished at a rate of about 220 mph for some reason (I didn't do a range charge - was only going to 80% but the rate still slowed over the 25 minutes I was there). A black MS pulled into 3b and started charging and he was showing a much lower rate - I assume this is because someone was on 3a and they were splitting the power?

After seeing how fast the rate is on 4a, he moved into that spot when I left around 9pm. The site was definitely getting a lot of use at that time of night on a Sunday.