Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GREAT news!!! do think we can expect completion by end of March?

I would say that the end of March is probably a little bit too soon...There is still a bit of work to be done...

* Utility - New 500 kVA transformer pad / installation (large / heavy - not trivial)
* Utility - Extend 12kV primary to new transformer - New trench / bore from power source to transformer primary (under sidewalk pavers out into street, down street and back into the bank lot - traffic considerations)
* Utility - Repair and restore trench / bore path and holes from digging
* Contractor - Install conduit from transformer secondary to customer meter pedestal
* Contractor - Restore / repair parking lot that is currently covered
* Contractor - Install 8th charging bay?
* Utility / city - inspections / signoffs
* Utility - Pull wire from transformer secondary to meter pedestal, then install meter to energize installation
* Contractor - Charging station commissioning

I may have left out a step or two, but there is still a fair amount of work and coordination that needs to be done...

Anyways, more updates to come...

I wasn't sure about that. It struck me as odd that there was only 7 when their equipment feeds the spaces in pairs. I thought maybe the last one might be installed later, but if you say the permit is only for 7, then that's probably what it is....

I wasn't sure about that. It struck me as odd that there was only 7 when their equipment feeds the spaces in pairs. I thought maybe the last one might be installed later, but if you say the permit is only for 7, then that's probably what it is....

Here it is:

eTRAKiT

(Wow, they changed their website since the last time I looked, and it's even more terrible than it was before.)

the contractor has told me that it is THREE DAYS scope of work to trench and hook up. BUT, we don't know when they can get the crew out there.....we lost some momentum....then we have testing and opening......hopefully this will go FAST!

I was by the site yesterday. I noticed that the three supercharger block walls had been painted brown. They were cream color before. I like brown much better. Blends in with surrounding much better. Hopefully this painting was done by the contractor and they are still very ready to continue work alongside SD&E

I was by the site yesterday. I noticed that the three supercharger block walls had been painted brown. They were cream color before. I like brown much better. Blends in with surrounding much better. Hopefully this painting was done by the contractor and they are still very ready to continue work alongside SD&E

What?! But now it won't look like every other structure in SJC! This can't be allowed! :) (Seriously, everything in SJC looks the same.)