Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Savannah, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up ... I've heard that Tesla is working on a new site north of this Savannah site, just across the state line into South Carolina. "Working on it" could just mean paperwork at this point.

If anyone is passing through this area, and you have an extra 30 minutes or so on your hands, snoop around the 2-4 southernmost I-95 exits in South Carolina (Hardeeville and Ridgeland). Or see if you can find a building permit online. I don't want to start a separate thread for it just yet -- just giving you all a heads up to look for it.

Told you!

New thread created for the new Pooler site, and I've requested that the above three comments get moved over to it (but keep this comment here please):

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I wasn't sure how to categorize it, but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Yesterday I noticed a new (non-Tesla) charging installation going in at the Pooler Tanger Outlets near Panda Express. A construction worker told me it was for the Rivian Adventure Network. While early on it was teased that Tesla and Rivian might join forces for their charging networks, it seems that door has closed. At any rate, I wish Rivian well and hope for their success in the marketplace.
20220414_123039.jpg

20220414_123109.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and jsight
I wasn't sure how to categorize it, but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Yesterday I noticed a new (non-Tesla) charging installation going in at the Pooler Tanger Outlets near Panda Express. A construction worker told me it was for the Rivian Adventure Network. While early on it was teased that Tesla and Rivian might join forces for their charging networks, it seems that door has closed. At any rate, I wish Rivian well and hope for their success in the marketplace.
View attachment 793666
View attachment 793667
That area is really high traffic. It is great. It is great if you are already planning to stop, but I'd try to avoid it otherwise.

That area is really high traffic. It is great. It is great if you are already planning to stop, but I'd try to avoid it otherwise.
Agree busy location but I sure wish Tesla had built there too (versus the airport). Over the last 6 years, we always stop at the Panera Bread in our NC to FL trips at least 4x per year.

Interesting to hear that Rivian has started their buildout with locations similar to Tesla.

Reactions: jsight
I wasn't sure how to categorize it, but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Yesterday I noticed a new (non-Tesla) charging installation going in at the Pooler Tanger Outlets near Panda Express. A construction worker told me it was for the Rivian Adventure Network.

Thank you Enginerd for that informative report! I have now added this to Plugshare, and stole your two photos: Rivian Pooler GA | PlugShare
(Note: I am fully aware of the Tesla-Plugshare policy on not listing Supercharger sites under construction. This is a non-Tesla site that E spotted.)

Reactions: Enginerd
This old location has been permanently closed. It makes sense. Tesla was paying rent for the spaces, and there are now more local alternatives. It was opened in January 2014, so was operating for just over 10 years, just beyond their normal lease agreement period.
Looks like the Chattanooga airport location opened September 2014 for those following along...

Thank you @ItsNotAboutTheMoney ! Closed as in not appearing in Tesla's in-car navigation anymore? Stations powered off? Ripped out already?

I've made a checkin on the Plugshare listing about it, but most of you all will see it via its absence in your nav systems. Although, people are creatures of habit, and may go there anyway and get a big surprise ...
I saw it on Supercharge.info and checked Tesla's findus site, which doesn't show it any more.

Reactions: ChrisC
Brings back memories. Bought a M3 SR+ in 2019, wife was a sceptic and we had to drive from Charlotte NC to Orlando Florida, Wifes comments "Well this wasn't close to the interstate and look, we have to wait" Well it was about a 5 minute wait, but it was also quite social back in the day. That was the first and last time I have ever had to wait for a supercharger.

Reactions: jsight and X Fan