Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scottsdale, AZ - N. Scottsdale Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here it is.... 73KW according to Tesla despite the higher actual output...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 5.50.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 5.50.01 PM.png
    961.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and PLUS EV
Very interesting observation. Makes me think that this type of supercharger is clearly capable of delivering more power, but they have the power turned down on purpose, possibly to avoid damage to the cars' batteries?

Very interesting observation. Makes me think that this type of supercharger is clearly capable of delivering more power, but they have the power turned down on purpose, possibly to avoid damage to the cars' batteries?
More likely the pedestals and wiring. We know the batteries can take it.

But lower current setting could be a significant savings in wiring cost.

Reactions: GSP and pilotSteve
Interesting, it does appear from this picture that there are only eight chargers for the 16 pedestals, yet they are the smaller pedestals and apparently intended to be ~75kW. Semi-Urban chargers? :)

upload_2017-11-22_21-19-22.png

Speaking of wiring, this looks like one of the sentinels from the Matrix.

upload_2017-11-22_21-7-46.png

Last edited:
Reactions: tmoz
If someone can get a picture of the rating label on the Supercharger cabinet, it will be obvious. The "City Supercharger" cabinet has a fixed split and it is reflected in the DC Output ratings on the label. I don't recall where I saw one posted recently.

Surprised! Great find!

It’s great having more Superchargers in the Phoenix metro area.
I guess we have to seriously check out garages now when on the hunt for Superchargers.

Nothing more yet on Biltmore Fashion Park but...... I heard last week it’s still very likely.

Also, another one in Phoenix AZ is supposedly on its way. Bring it (them) on, the more the better! ..... but where???

The ‘Urban style’ looks good in parking garages and surely makes for quite a fill up while we’re doing whatever it is we do!!

I wish Tesla would inform local Tesla Service Centers and Tesla Store personnel once Supercharger construction has started in their area. They are completely in the dark until we here on TMC fill ‘them’ in. ...... the other way around would be nice. After all, they represent the company and we are the customers. ...... then and again, we are quite an enthusiastic bunch!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
That is very interesting. They have mixed the 135kW Supercharger cabinets with the City Supercharger pedestals. You can see from the two pictures above that the Supercharger is rated for 330A DC output and the Pedestal is only rated for 200A DC.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Side Note: The wonderful folks at Pit Stop Auto Detailing are located only a few blocks from the new site: 15015 N 74th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. They've done Opti-Coat on both my Teslas. They also offer (obviously) detailing and a fine hand-wash. They do a lot of the local Lambos, Ferraris, etc.. See their website for all services: azdetailing.com. They offer r/t shuttle service to the shopping center if you don't want to walk (or it's June/July). You can drop your car off with them, go shopping, have a meal, get picked up and returned to your car. Or more extensive detailing, etc. I've been very happy with all their work (I have no financial connection to the company).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S60 July 2013, retired
75D July 2016; uncorked October 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
Just found this on the map today. I've been apartment hunting in Phoenix and was restricting my search to only places with chargers on-site, which is a rarity around here it seems. Now I can open it up to include places with garages that have 115v near Scottsdale, which means pretty much "everywhere", since I can always stop by the supercharger if I need a fast charge. This is fantastic. Was starting to become worried that I'd have to live in Buckeye!

This also means Tesla owners aren't stuck with the Crowne Plaza or any of the expensive resorts when driving through town overnight, also a huge plus.

Reactions: Sasmania