Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seabrook, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forget route planner; skip Seabrook and Hooksett. First stop Auburn (175 miles), then Greenwich (135 miles), and arrive Philadelphia (130 miles). Stop in Cranbury if you don't have a good destination charger in Philadelphia.

That's my plan A as well. It usually works all right. The problem is charging in Bath. The hotels where I stay on have 110v so it takes all week to if I coast into town near empty. I can charge at a chedemo at Topsham Nissan, but that takes time out of my week. It's nice to have this option now.

That's my plan A as well. It usually works all right. The problem is charging in Bath. The hotels where I stay on have 110v so it takes all week to if I coast into town near empty. I can charge at a chedemo at Topsham Nissan, but that takes time out of my week. It's nice to have this option now.

Time to do a little outreach to your hotels in bath and turn them on to the Tesla Destination Charging program.

Destination Charging Description | Tesla Motors
Destination Charging - Contact Form

It doesn't take all week. At 4 miles/hr you would be fully charged in less than 3 days. If a hotel has a 20A circuit and you use the 5-20 adapter, even less time.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe me I've done it.
Just curious, what reason did they give for not wanting to do destination charging? A free HPWC or two, most if not all installation expense covered, and listing on the destination charging site and the cars navigation system seems like a no brainier.

Charged at Seabrook, NH around 9AM. Still a bit of tape near the transformer but all spots were open. Another owner was there when I arrived. Chargers worked fine. Location has a Panera right next to it and a Dunkin within walking distance. Outback and other food and shopping choices are available in the strip mall. Overall a decent location and great add for those heading north. Very convenient timing for me as I was taking my kid on a college visit to UNH (who also happens to have 2 Level 2 Chargepoint chargers there too).
IMG_5751.jpg

It doesn't take all week. At 4 miles/hr you would be fully charged in less than 3 days. If a hotel has a 20A circuit and you use the 5-20 adapter, even less time.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, what reason did they give for not wanting to do destination charging? A free HPWC or two, most if not all installation expense covered, and listing on the destination charging site and the cars navigation system seems like a no brainier.

The problem is when I bleed off 30 miles a day driving locally it can take all week. Prior to this trip, I did purchase a 5-20 adapter on the advice of someone in this forum and it helped immensely.

No reason was given for not installing the HPWC yet. Management was very receptive but I haven't heard anything since. I will follow up.

I have added the new Seabrook Supercharger to the Waze map and submitted it to the Google map team. (BTW, if you use Waze, shoot me a friend request: Robert04101. I'm a Waze Senior Editor and Area Manager.)
This update is now live in Google maps. Probably will go live in Waze tonight. (I don't know about you all, but I always plan routes on my computer first, so it's handy having the Superchargers' locations in these products.)

Has anyone else experienced slow charging here lately?
We were here yesterday (8/11) afternoon on the way back from Maine. There were 3 other cars plugged in when we arrived, but we were able to plug into an un-paired charging position. Our battery SOC was down to 10% at the start so the charge rate should have been high. The phone app showed 43 KW at the start, and never more than 40 kW as the charge progressed while we ate lunch (at Panera Bread, of course). Temp was not more than 80F and I doubt the battery was unusually hot.
I had charged there on the way north a few days before but failed to collect any stats on how fast the charge was or how much we got. (I hate the way the statistics disappear as soon as you unplug, so that you lose them when you unplug before getting into the car after a charge.)
The last time I recorded a charge rate at a S/C was in early June. We stopped in East Brunswick, NJ (Joyce Kilmer rest area) and got up to 74 kw when starting from 24% SOC. I had gotten 108 kw a few days before that at Hamilton NJ when starting at 24%. So I do not hink there is an issue with the car.
At Seabrook, we got enough to get home in the time it took for a leisurely lunch, so I did not bother to call Tesla about it. Now feeling I maybe should have ....

I just charged there this afternoon. Only ~27kw for an M3, 55-80% SOC with a relatively warm battery (30 mile drive) and 45 deg temperature. Only 2 other cars charging, well spaced apart. Doesn't seem right. I'll ping Tesla to see if they have anything to say about it.

I just charged there this afternoon. Only ~27kw for an M3, 55-80% SOC with a relatively warm battery (30 mile drive) and 45 deg temperature. Only 2 other cars charging, well spaced apart. Doesn't seem right. I'll ping Tesla to see if they have anything to say about it.

I've also only had ~25k kW the last two times I charged there, and I reported it to Tesla. The first time I wasn't charged, the second time I was (when expecting not to), which is a bit upsetting as it's by the minute. There is a good chance some of the stalls are not working correctly. Next time I plan to keep moving till I find a fast one.

I just charged there this afternoon. Only ~27kw for an M3, 55-80% SOC with a relatively warm battery (30 mile drive) and 45 deg temperature.

Not to be that guy, but 30 miles doesn't necessarily mean a warm pack depending on driving conditions. I've had 30 mile drives on flat terrain at a medium pace and arrived at a supercharger with a cold pack still.

Not to be that guy, but 30 miles doesn't necessarily mean a warm pack depending on driving conditions. I've had 30 mile drives on flat terrain at a medium pace and arrived at a supercharger with a cold pack still.
45 is not that cold; that a 30 mile trip would still restrict regen (& charging) to 27 kw - at least not in my MS. At that temp, even starting cold soaked and with range mode on I'd have 60kw of regen by 30 miles.

I’ve gotten over 130 kW at Seabrook on multiple occasions.

One of the stalls hasn’t been working for a few months. There’s a shopping bag tied around the cord to indicate which one it is. I’m curious if anyone knows what happened to it or if there are plans to ever have it fixed.
Did you report it? The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all that. They often don't know about broken connectors, etc, unless a customer calls it in.