Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seaside, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oops, my bad, I got these switched. It's actually the Eureka site that is already in construction and the Crescent City site that will follow (based on info from the crew on site at Eureka). There is a picture of the Eureka site in its SC thread.

Supercharger - Eureka (location confirmed, construction started)

Eureka is even better for coastal trips! Now if we can get one in Coos Bay, OR, the coastal route would be complete... albeit a little stretched out depending on your range. Maybe two more on the Oregon coast (Florence and Gold Beach) and one in Fort Brag, CA and then it would be perfect. Dreaming....:p

Reactions: melindav
Eureka is even better for coastal trips! Now if we can get one in Coos Bay, OR, the coastal route would be complete... albeit a little stretched out depending on your range. Maybe two more on the Oregon coast (Florence and Gold Beach) and one in Fort Brag, CA and then it would be perfect. Dreaming....:p

Have you looked at the Planned Supercharger Route on hwy 101 thread? Coos Bay is on the list of rumored SC sites.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-lutioin
It's interesting how trips that would not have involved much planning in an ICE now seem like new paths are being blazed in the wilderness.

I perversely enjoy the added challenge when putting a trip together, not that it is a critical as, say, making sure your airplane can get to where you planned.

But is fun to add some spice into a road trip and to celebrate a new electric oasis.

Reactions: ecrsail
As reported this week in the Crescent City SC thread, construction there is actually well under way and should be completed in the next few weeks. Then it will be up to PG&E to turn on the power. Next will be Eureka. By September, both should be operational.

Oops, my bad, I got these switched. It's actually the Eureka site that is already in construction and the Crescent City site that will follow (based on info from the crew on site at Eureka). There is a picture of the Eureka site in its SC thread.

Supercharger - Eureka (location confirmed, construction started)

Just for FYI, I posted what you quoted prior to the confirmation that Eureka was under construction. And you'll note I also posted in that thread. We're passing through Eureka in a couple weeks -- I have a feeling that PG&E will not have the transformer in place and power on before we're there though...

Eureka, Crescent City, Coos Bay. I'm doing that exact trip now so it seems like this will require a lot less planning in the future. Although I have to admit we've found some very nice B&B's with destination chargers that were not overly expensive.

We used the Seaside OR SC twice on a road trip this week. Several Tesla came by but never more than 3 stalls filled at a time.

There isn't much around the outlet mall in the way of restaurants but there is a sandwich shop that isn't bad. There is also a "Beer and Wine Haus" in the mall that looks like a package store but has a small bar in it with a fine selection of craft beers.

image.jpeg

Reactions: taldric
A little video I made of charger in Seaside:

when pix of Seaside first came up, I assumed they would add paint on each space ID'ing it as for Tesla only - but doesn't look like it, or any other signage. I would expect when things are busy, the two outside spaces away from the planter will have ICE vehicles in them not knowing they are intended for charging.
Having been there, was there anything you noticed that would direct the general public?

FYI: The 4 eastern spots are marked as 30 minute general parking. The four western spots are marked as Tesla Vehicle Charging only. The two NW spots are 3A and 3B. The SW spots are 1A and 1B. Those 4 are marked as Tesla only charging. The SE spots are 2A and 2B. The NE spots are 4A and 4B.

Too bad they didn't pair each general parking spot with a Tesla only spot. That way if all four general spots were occupied at least the four Tesla only spots would all be full speed and could have faster turn-around times. Maybe someone should suggest that to them for future sites.

FYI: The 4 eastern spots are marked as 30 minute general parking. The four western spots are marked as Tesla Vehicle Charging only. The two NW spots are 3A and 3B. The SW spots are 1A and 1B. Those 4 are marked as Tesla only charging. The SE spots are 2A and 2B. The NE spots are 4A and 4B.

Sounds like they're paired side-by-side and not front-to-back like I had hoped.

On Hwy 101 Oregon coast, West Coast Electric Hwy, has 10 CHAdeMO stations 7.50 a fill or monthly $20.00 all you can use. Wish the hinterlands had 50 more around Oregon. Areoenviroment is priced right and they usually work , compared to the other commercial charges.
Yes! I've used them on several trip to the coast. Their customer service also rocks. And now you can pay with plug share for an even quicker start to charge.